Home

I just can't do it this year

This is a discussion on I just can't do it this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just can't do it this year

Reading through the madden 11 threads makes me want to cringe. It seems as if all of the problems still could be in the game this year(franchise mode), and that EA is hoping they are fixed, but not 100% sure. It is the same story as we have had for years. I remember last year the promise for this year was franchise would be totally revamped. Looking around tonight that is the promise for next year. I am a huge madden supporter/franchise lover. After the past few years, especially on the next gen systems I am burnt out on promises. I will not be purchasing this years edition. I will just keep playing my old 360 and 06. I know I am going to get a lot of "cool story bro", "nobody cares", or whatever replies. I just hope EA does something with a great game franchise. I remember when player names were a big deal in the genesis days. I guess I am tired of the same old rehash, and nothing really improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I just can't do it this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornnut
I am going to get a lot of "cool story bro"
Well it's not fun if you call it!

Imagine if just before Babe Ruth called his shot, the 2nd baseman on the other team pointed out there an yelled "he's going to hit a homer that way!".

I'm just messing with you, of course, good sir. I can see how some wouldn't be excited for this year's game. Especially if you're a huge franchise guy considering it's exactly the same outside of game planning. For me, the base franchise from last year is good enough. Obviously I'm not happy it's the same, but it's not going to stop me from purchasing. And if the game plays on the field like NCAA I will be extremely happy. To each his own, though, I suppose.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

I would suggest trying the demo or giving the full game a rent to see if you feel the game is worth the money this year.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 07-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Well for me, it's simple. The original showing of next gen Madden was horrible from 06-09. That time period was enough for me to lose the prestigious mystique that surrounded the game. combine that with the fact that coming to operation sports has highlighted every flaw of Madden, I no longer have the desire. I bought 09 and played it for a month or two; bought 10 and played it even less. I dont think 10 was a bad game, its just that the relationship has ran its course. If Madden 06 had been Madden 10 (maybe even 08 since that's a lot to ask), I would still be the cracked out Madden fiend that I once was.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 07-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Played Madden 10 the most out of all the last 4 versions. Best one so far. However, I'm probably gonna skip this year as I will be putting most of my time into NCAA 11. From what I've heard, NCAA has made the most improvements from last year. Madden 11 doesn't look to have made as big a difference, so it won't seem as new and fun to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

I'm so pumped I'm actually going to buy NCAA11 tomorrow just to hold me over until M11 comes out. I'm even almost violently angry that there haven't been changes to franchise but I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker for updated rosters.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been playing the NCAA demo a bunch and it's a lot better than I'd thought it would be.

That being said I had something happen yesterday that happened in Madden 10 that pisses me off bigtime. I butst through the line and I'm primed to level the qb when and offensive lineman who is about 5 yards away to the side of me sucks me into a block.

#$%$%$%@$
Old 07-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders
I've been playing the NCAA demo a bunch and it's a lot better than I'd thought it would be.

That being said I had something happen yesterday that happened in Madden 10 that pisses me off bigtime. I butst through the line and I'm primed to level the qb when and offensive lineman who is about 5 yards away to the side of me sucks me into a block.

#$%$%$%@$

Haha, that happens to me and the ai-controlled lineman a lot too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »