Home

Aussie Rules football

This is a discussion on Aussie Rules football within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Aussie Rules football

Anyone else find this amusing? I would love if they made a game for it, and would by it midnight release with no hesitation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Aussie Rules football

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Anyone else find this amusing? I would love if they made a game for it, and would by it midnight release with no hesitation.
Yeah I saw it the other day on espn around midnight. I honestly had no idea what was going on. I though it was rugby, but then they basically mixed football and soccer together. Man, it was awesome to watch! Those guys don't wear any pads... I love American football, but the real tough football is found down under.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
Pro

Mashiasu's Arena

OVR: 9

yeah I'm a big fan of the AFL, I know the basics but I still have a lot to learn and I remember they had a AFL game a few years back that was only released in Australia
Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Yeah I saw it the other day on espn around midnight. I honestly had no idea what was going on. I though it was rugby, but then they basically mixed football and soccer together. Man, it was awesome to watch! Those guys don't wear any pads... I love American football, but the real tough football is found down under.
I just noticed that ESPN has been showing AFL, which is very cool. I've watched for a few years now and it's really a great game. It's like someone thought, "We need to find something exciting to do with all these cricket ovals we have around here" and came up with AFL.

Some AFL team came to Denver a few years back for an exhibition/recruitment game. I missed it but wish now that I didn't. Any idea if there are any Americans in the game?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

Nah don't think any Americans are in the league. On the other hand, some of the biggest kickers have tried (and made) the NFL as a punter I believe.

I think the game started in Ireland. Gaelic Football is pretty much the same game but they actually use round, soccer type balls and have lower goals with goalies.

Because Australia is about the only country to play AFL, when they want to play international games, they play Ireland. I think in the series they play a couple games of each style which is interesting.

Some of the best athletes in the country play AFL. Super high leapers, can kick perfectly with both feet and built like brick walls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Pro

Mashiasu's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
Nah don't think any Americans are in the league. On the other hand, some of the biggest kickers have tried (and made) the NFL as a punter I believe.

I think the game started in Ireland. Gaelic Football is pretty much the same game but they actually use round, soccer type balls and have lower goals with goalies.

Because Australia is about the only country to play AFL, when they want to play international games, they play Ireland. I think in the series they play a couple games of each style which is interesting.

Some of the best athletes in the country play AFL. Super high leapers, can kick perfectly with both feet and built like brick walls.
Darren Bennett was the punter who played 12 years in the AFL

I didn't know about the connection between Gaelic Football and Aussie Rules so thats good to know.

I've had interest in Gaelic Football and Hurling as well but its near impossible to get any info in the States
Old 07-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

It was released it for the PC & the PS2. I had it for the PC it was a fun game. It pops up on ebay every now and then.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #8
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Gaelic football seems awesome after watching a few youtube clips. I doubt I'd be able to find anything in the states, though. Even online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »