Home

WHY are the DB's making their cuts BEFORE recievers

This is a discussion on WHY are the DB's making their cuts BEFORE recievers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4
WHY are the DB's making their cuts BEFORE recievers

here in the AFC south and north preview video

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1104860p1.html

at 2:20 watch the Browns corner make the cut before or at the same time as the reciever..THAT'S NOT REALISTIC. Why has this not been fixed I want an answer from somebody at EA thats ridiculous..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: WHY are the DB's making their cuts BEFORE recievers

That's pretty much what you call mirror imaging. The AI DB seems to know the same route your WR does and makes the same moves as he does. That has been a problem in madden for the past few years. I wish they would fix that. That gets really annoying sometime. I hope they put that on their list of things to fix in madden 12.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Omniphobe's Arena

OVR: 1

Telepathy? I don't know, but I hope that's an issue that will be fixed.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Because if the DBs couldn't cheat, it would require EA to actually attempt to make AI that can standup by itself.

Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it (i.e. they'd probably make the end result much worse if they tried to do it properly)

It's just another one of those shortcuts that they haven't gotten around to fixing, I guess.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

For a second there, I thought you were making a thread about Madden 11. You mean to tell me that this is STILL in the game?

Hopefully, this is something that can be tightened up. I'm all for shutdown corners, but those types of players are few and far between. A 10-15 yard dig route against man coverage shouldn't feel like that big of a gamble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but most of the times arent DB's usually reacting to the reciever, using their "closing speed" to catch up to a reciever after he makes his cut? I guess thats what they mean by jumping a route why would you play like that cutting in front of him before he made his cut? Obviously the computer knew where he was going. If that happened in a real game the reciever would head fake the dude and be GONE up the sideline for 6. This is ridiculous and something needs to be done.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
CPT
Banned

CPT's Arena

Yup....still in there. All the advancements and icing that they put on their cake yet DB's are still making route cuts before the recievers..... How does this make it through testing year after year?

Is it a killer for me? sadly....no. It would be nice that if a DB assumes or jumps a route incorrectly he is punished for it - by a TD. Played DB through college and never once saw a WR follow me if I cut before he did.... would have been nice though.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals28
Correct me if I'm wrong guys but most of the times arent DB's usually reacting to the reciever, using their "closing speed" to catch up to a reciever after he makes his cut? I guess thats what they mean by jumping a route why would you play like that cutting in front of him before he made his cut? Obviously the computer knew where he was going. If that happened in a real game the reciever would head fake the dude and be GONE up the sideline for 6. This is ridiculous and something needs to be done.
I have to agree with you. But the thing is that this problem with the AI DB mirror imaging the WR didn't really get this bad until last year. If you go play madden 09. You will see even on the hardest settings that your WR would get open from time to time. But in madden 10. If the settings is set to all pro and above. It is very very hard for your WR to get open. It needs to be worked on some. Hopefully Ian and his crew will fix it in a patch update later on if enough people complain about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »