Home

first time with Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on first time with Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
first time with Online Dynasty

So this will be my first sports game since I graduated to a PS3. I like the sound of an online dynasty but not sure how it works, do you actually play the other guys in a league? I understand you wouldn't have all 120 teams filled in a season but what happens if you happen to match up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: first time with Online Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullen8
So this will be my first sports game since I graduated to a PS3. I like the sound of an online dynasty but not sure how it works, do you actually play the other guys in a league? I understand you wouldn't have all 120 teams filled in a season but what happens if you happen to match up?
You can have an OD w/ 12 teams, you and 11 other guys, or you can do one by yourself. When you "match-up" against another human opponent you two have to work on a time to play the game. All non-human teams are CPU controlled just like an off-line dynasty.

You can also do an OD with fewer than 12 but more than just one. So if you and five buddies wanted to do one, you could. The advantage this year to doing an OD even if just by yourself is the Dynasty Wire feature, where you can go to a website from your computer and write your own stories and save photo's and videos from games for multiple seasons. You can also recruit from your computer now.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

it works more or less like offline dynasty. you go through each week, recruiting, playing your games, etc...

if the team your scheduled against is another human player, you play against them like you would against the CPU, except it'll send a game invite to them(or to you if your opponent started the game), and you two will play the game like a normal online game. after the game, it'll upload the results like it does when you played versus the CPU.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm also new to doing online dynasty. Do you still get job offers? And can your team still get invited to a new conference? Thanks for answering my questions.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 07-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliched
I'm also new to doing online dynasty. Do you still get job offers? And can your team still get invited to a new conference? Thanks for answering my questions.
I would like to know this as well. I'd do online on my own if it has that because I want the ability to access the dynasty via the web, but if not then I'm sticking with offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can switch teams during the OD.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #7
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttech10
I would like to know this as well. I'd do online on my own if it has that because I want the ability to access the dynasty via the web, but if not then I'm sticking with offline.
Nyou couldnt do ethier of these things in last year online Dynasty . most you do was custum Confrences before you started the dynasty.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 07-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
The advantage this year to doing an OD even if just by yourself is the Dynasty Wire feature, where you can go to a website from your computer and write your own stories and save photo's and videos from games for multiple seasons. You can also recruit from your computer now.

Hope this helps.

it totally shocks me how many people mention the Dynasty Wire 1st when talking about OD.

to me, the ability to do your recruiting and all non game play activities buries the Dynasty Wire thing....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »