Home

FIXING 2k10 project. 6min - realistic scoring and gameplay

This is a discussion on FIXING 2k10 project. 6min - realistic scoring and gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
Banned

tomzenns's Arena

OVR: 25
FIXING 2k10 project. 6min - realistic scoring and gameplay

I'm almost finished working on a slider set to try and solve my problems. Pretty much what I did was raise the shot sliders so that if good players have wide open attempts, they will make it most of the time. To combat that I also raised some defensive sliders so that it is more likely to get a steal, but reach in fouls are also turned up so if you don't time it correct and try it over and over you will get called. I also made it a little more consistent for blocks and contesting shots. I want it so that if I time it perfectly, I will get the block (depending on the players size of course) and if its a little off and I can contest the shot and alter it a little, it is more likely to miss. I would rather have scoring up and down the court and get rewarded with good defense instead of working my butt off to get wide open shots for amazing players and have them brick 3/10 times.

Seeing how I turned up the shooting sliders, teams are shooting about 60-75% per game and scoring 75-125 points with 6 min qtrs. I seriously have no interest in sitting and playing a single game for 48 minutes. Especially with sliders that have the shooting set low so that it evens out over a 48 minute game. Eff that. 6 mins with a higher FG%. All the other stats look pretty legit. Rebounds are down and assists are up, but in the test games a couple players will still able to get double doubles with pts and reb, so its not too bad.

WHY DOES EVERYONE PLAY THIS GAME SO SLOW?? Seriously? 42 game speed? Seriously? Fast breaks feel like snails. I don't know how anyone can play at that dragging pace for a full 48 min game. Strait up I play my game speed at 70 for these sliders. Fast paced, but not all fast break. Breaks feel real and turning the corner with Lebron or Kobe is powerful. Not a slow, beat the defender with at an angle then layup. More like size up, quick cross over, and BOOM, Lebron is pounding it down for 2.

And last but not least...THERE ARE NO MISSED LAYUPS. Well, maybe a couple...but only if the defender is way bigger and contests the shot. Then, and only then, will someone miss a layup.

Until some of the free agent stuff is cleared up, I'm play my games with a 1991 roster I downloaded and play as the Bulls. And so far with these sliders, Jordan is ****.

I'm going to mess with these a little bit more tonight them post them on 2kshare either tonight or tomorrow morning. Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction for people who have the same problems as me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIXING 2k10 project. 6min - realistic scoring and gameplay

I'm very interested in this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »