Home

What team to be in Madden 11 online franchise

This is a discussion on What team to be in Madden 11 online franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What team to be in Madden 11 online franchise

To give you an idea of my style, I run a 3-4 defense and that is the side of the ball I am the most effective. I enjoy playing defense much more than I do offense. On offense I love to run the ball moreso than pass and a solid RB is a must.

As I look at possible teams for Madden 11, I am really interested in a team with a good start on defense. Below are the teams I am looking at that are still available. I have pick #17 (based on seniority) and there are still 2 picks left before mine.

New York Jets:

Pros: Great offensive line, fast TE, Revis and Cromartie, 3 solid linebackers in Harris, Scott & Taylor. Kris Jenkins and Shaun Ellis on the line.

Cons: Tomlinson and Greene aren't rated all that hot for my style, and neither is quick (87 and 83 spd I believe). Lacking at safety. Could probably trade Holmes and Tomlinson for a Safety or HB.

Indianapolis Colts:

Pros: 2 of the top 3 defensive ends in Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney. I run a 3-4 so their lack of size is a problem, but it's Madden and a 97 and 95 (i think) at both DE's is huge. Great safeties in Bob Sanders (89 ovr) and Bathea (95 ovr). Manning and Reggie Wayne both provide awesome trade bait. Dallas Clark's speed will be nice as I love passing to TEs.

Cons: Old. Questions at linebacker and corner (only because I don't know the team that well. Colts team ratings are not out). Questionable line with the exception of Saturday, and they really don't have a running back.

Chicago Bears:

Pros: Matt Forte, Julius Peppers, Tommie Harris, Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Greg Olsen, Hester.

Cons: Secondary and O-line. Not much trade bait with the exception of Hester and Cutler.

Minnesota Vikings:

Pros: Adrian Peterson (duh), solid & fast receivers, Jared Allen (99 ovr) Kevin Williams (97 ovr), pretty good o-line

Cons: No backup if Peterson goes down, secondary is lacking.

I'm really leaning towards the Jets since they seem best setup for my type of play but 1) I was in the AFC East for Madden 10. 2) I like the Colts safeties. 3) I like the idea of running with Peterson.

Teams I had interest in but were taken:

Cardinals
Ravens
Cowboys
Bengals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What team to be in Madden 11 online franchise

Given those criteria I'd suggest the Bills. Don't laugh! They're transitioning to a 3-4 this year and have some decent pieces in place along the DL. Plus they have a pretty solid secondary. On offense you have the makings of a great ground game with 3 good backs, including Spiller who should be electric.

I know they're a team I'm looking forward to taking in a franchise to see if I can build them into a powerhouse.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Rookie

I was slightly interested in the Bills but they were taken already.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Dos Peninsulas's Arena

OVR: 3

A bit of a homer pick here, but if the Packers are still available, I would take them. 3-4 defense, Ryan Grant is pretty decent, and the passing game is always open if you have to go to it.

If they aren't, I would probably go with the Jets, they seem like a perfect alternative to the Pack for what you are describing. Although, if you are already sick of the AFC East, that might not be the best pick because you really don't want to get bored when you're supposed to have fun in an OD.

Just remember, if you take the Bears or Vikings you have an automatic two wins a year against the Liedowns.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

My team is going to be the Browns. They run a 3-4 defense, which I like, and it's pretty versatile.

Pros: Jerome Harrison, the Offense line, Josh Cribbs, and the Defensive Line, and the depth of the linebackers.

Cons: Mediocre or Average Quarterback in Delhomme, Below Average Wide Receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docile Joint
My team is going to be the Browns. They run a 3-4 defense, which I like, and it's pretty versatile.

Pros: Jerome Harrison, the Offense line, Josh Cribbs, and the Defensive Line, and the depth of the linebackers.

Cons: Mediocre or Average Quarterback in Delhomme, Below Average Wide Receiver.
...let's be honest here, shall we? A backup at best, at this point...

With that said, if you want a 3-4, you might look into the 49ers...Gore is a solid RB, they've got a serviceable offense otherwise (and a great TE in Vernon Davis), and the defense is pretty good...secondary might be seen as a weak spot, but they could definitely be a good team...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 07-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

You can't go wrong with the Niners! A great, young team!

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Rookie

DOLPHINS all the way!
They have everything you need on offense except a receiving TE.
Great O-Line, Stud WR, up and coming QB Henne "A" potential, scrambling QB in Pat White, Power RB in Ricky, Elusive RB in Brown, Sheets good change of pace back, Dynamite Polite at FB, and the defense is young with good potentials. Sean Smith and Vontae will be one of the nastiest CB tandems. Cameron Wake is a sack monster. Only missing piece on Dolphins Defense will be a FS and a SS to replace Bell when as he continues to age.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »