Home

Framerate Issues at Certain Ballparks

This is a discussion on Framerate Issues at Certain Ballparks within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Framerate Issues at Certain Ballparks

My framerate is noticeably less when I play in certain parks like Coors Field. There are more but I just can't think of them at the moment.

Is anyone else having this problem? If you've seen it, is there a solution?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Framerate Issues at Certain Ballparks

Coors Field is one of, if not the worst in terms of framerate. I don't really think there's a solution to it.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #3
Rookie

edm18's Arena

OVR: 5

If you are forcing 1080p, then lowering it to the default, 720P, might help. but other than that, there's really nothing you can do.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm using the Rockies in Franchise Mode and haven't noticed any issues at all playing @ Coors Field.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 07-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I've seen several OS'ers post about issues with framerate issues at certain ballparks or all together, but I have yet to experience any of it.

Maybe those who are experiencing the issue could start up a thread and share settings, where its happening, etc...to see if a common factor could be found.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've had this problem at Coors field too, mostly when i'm batting and the pitcher is going through his motions. Nothing drastic, but i've had it screw up my timing a few times.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
Rookie

edm18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've seen several OS'ers post about issues with framerate issues at certain ballparks or all together, but I have yet to experience any of it.

Maybe those who are experiencing the issue could start up a thread and share settings, where its happening, etc...to see if a common factor could be found.
I just think some people can notice lower frame rates more than others. My brother said he didn't see any frame rate drops with his game. But when I checked it out it was no different than my game.

Same thing with pc or console shooters. Two people can play the same game, running at 30 fps. One might say it's smooth -- while someone else says it's stutters.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm18
I just think some people can notice lower frame rates more than others. My brother said he didn't see any frame rate drops with his game. But when I checked it out it was no different than my game.

Same thing with pc or console shooters. Two people can play the same game, running at 30 fps. One might say it's smooth -- while someone else says it's stutters.
That's exactly what it is. This isn't like PC video cards where everybody has different drivers, operating systems, computer specs, and different knowledge about the settings where you can easily point out what the issue might be. Like you said, this is common in the PC world. Some people (like myself) find 30 frames per second completely unplayable on PC, while others are "wow my machine runs Crysis so amazingly smooth!"

It's a hard code issue with the game. We're all running on the same PS3. It happens in the specific stadiums. I know Coors and Yankee stadium suffer from framerate dips the most. I notice it here and there in other parks, but never bothered to make a list or keep track. In fact, it was pretty bad before the patch but it's been a LOT better since the latest patch. I know the Devs are aware of it because they did something to smooth it out a tad. It also didn't happen nearly as bad last year, so I think the Broadcast camera might have affected something.

It's not a severe dip that hampers gameplay, but it basically dips from 60 frames per second to about 30-40 (would be my estimate). It's not noticeable to a lot of people, especially since TV's use motion blur, but it's there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »