Home

Why would someone's speed rating fall in 2-3 years?

This is a discussion on Why would someone's speed rating fall in 2-3 years? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why would someone's speed rating fall in 2-3 years?

http://sports.ign.com/madden08/packers.html

That is the Packers Madden 08 player ratings, and you see that Nick Collins has a speed rating of 93.

Now Madden 11 is on its way out, and Nick Collins speed rating fell to a 89 since M09.

My question is, how does this happen?

Nick Collins has done nothing but grow and become one of the best Safeties in the NFL. And watching one game will show that he definetly is the fastest Safety in the NFL, and most will agree.

I kinow you can change ratings,etc, but that is not why I am posting. I am posting as a question to what makes that -4 speed rating occur , when NC has got massively better year to year?

I know theres alot of problems with the ratings, but this one tends to stick out in my mind every year. Just crazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why would someone's speed rating fall in 2-3 years?

I think it occurred when they started stretching out the ratings last year. So in essence, a 93 speed is now comparable to an 89 speed.

In my system, however, he would have a 91 speed.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Has he had any leg injuries? Guys don't get faster as they get older they still stead..
Old 07-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I think it occurred when they started stretching out the ratings last year. So in essence, a 93 speed is now comparable to an 89 speed.

In my system, however, he would have a 91 speed.
TBH, if they were stretched... Troy Polamalu, Reggie Nelson, Brandon Meriweather who have still had 93 speeds, would fall to 87 speeds, because they are not close to Nick Collins' speed.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Has he had any leg injuries? Guys don't get faster as they get older they still stead..

He has been pretty healthy last couple of years... But like i said, he has done nothing but grow and become definetly a top 5 Safety.

Guys like Polamalu, Reggie Nelson, Bethea, Meriweather are not faster then him. At all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise-Star-21
TBH, if they were stretched... Troy Polamalu, Reggie Nelson, Brandon Meriweather who have still had 93 speeds, would fall to 87 speeds, because they are not close to Nick Collins' speed.
My question would be were Polomalu and crew rated higher in speed than Collins in 2008? If they were then this could be legit. I have to tell you though, I don't think those guys are faster either. Let it be known what you would want to change this topic:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-ratings.html

I am taking recommendations for ratings so if you have any complaints, let them be heard brother!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise-Star-21
Troy is one of the fastest safeties in the NFL. To say he's not even close means you probably haven't been watching. His official 40 time before the draft was 4.34 and he doesn't lose anything in pads.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Actually the official time I have for him is 4.40...but remember he did NOT run at the combine in 2003...so there is no real combine time for him
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »