Home

The Tim Tebow Effect

This is a discussion on The Tim Tebow Effect within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Rookie

Ultimo's Arena

OVR: 3
The Tim Tebow Effect

Looking at how EA does its rating in the past, he's going to be unstoppable in this game. Im a huge gator fan, but its going to be ridiculous on how good he's going to be in the game. Think about the first time Vick was on madden its going to be the same thing. All hate aside though GO GATORS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: The Tim Tebow Effect

Have you seen the e3 video?look it up and you will see tebow trucking people.Yes I do agree with you its madden 04 again with tebow. That's one thing I didn't like about 04.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

I know this doesn't totally tie in with the point the OP is making in this thread, but I just got to thinking. I would like to see "mechanics" and "delivery" ratings or something else like that that would further hinder the ability of quarterbacks like Tebow and Jamarcus Russell. I know accuracy is kind of tied to the mechanics of a QB, but it just seems like if you get the accuracy rating up, then guys like this become very good, when that isn't the case in real life. Especially in the case of Jamarcus Russell, his accuracy was horrible, but so were his mechanics, delivery and just about everything other than his howitzer-like arm strength.

I just think extra ratings like the ones I mentioned above would make it much harder to take a quarterback with one good trait (like arm strength) and turn him in to a Pro Bowler so quickly.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I know this doesn't totally tie in with the point the OP is making in this thread, but I just got to thinking. I would like to see "mechanics" and "delivery" ratings or something else like that that would further hinder the ability of quarterbacks like Tebow and Jamarcus Russell. I know accuracy is kind of tied to the mechanics of a QB, but it just seems like if you get the accuracy rating up, then guys like this become very good, when that isn't the case in real life. Especially in the case of Jamarcus Russell, his accuracy was horrible, but so were his mechanics, delivery and just about everything other than his howitzer-like arm strength.

I just think extra ratings like the ones I mentioned above would make it much harder to take a quarterback with one good trait (like arm strength) and turn him in to a Pro Bowler so quickly.
It sounds like a good idea but Ian or Donny couldn't handle it. Eventhough we all know Rivers is a top QB he would suck in the game because he doesn't have cookie cutter mechanics. And the rating maker wouldn't know how to handle that.

On a side note its funny that the Broncos got the most overpowered QB and the Raiders of all teams have the best offense in the game. Just look at the Raiders speeds.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36

I'm only playing offline so I'll be decreasing his run ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life
It sounds like a good idea but Ian or Donny couldn't handle it. Eventhough we all know Rivers is a top QB he would suck in the game because he doesn't have cookie cutter mechanics. And the rating maker wouldn't know how to handle that.

On a side note its funny that the Broncos got the most overpowered QB and the Raiders of all teams have the best offense in the game. Just look at the Raiders speeds.
I guess what I meant with the mechanics is that Rivers doesn't necessarily have cookie cutter mechanics (as far as his arm throwing angle goes) but he has a lightning fast delivery and the rest of his mechanics are pretty good (e.g. footwork and things like that). I would just like to see more than raising the accuracy of someone like Jamarcus Russell making him a star, because there is SO much more wrong with the guy than just accuracy.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 07-02-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

I ONLY play OFFLIne, so i will be editing his Throwing ratings to this....PWR 84...Accuracy 77....Awr...55.....Might lower trucking by 10-12 pts...This isnt college and he will not be running over Pro DL/LB thats for sure...In madden or in reality.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo
Looking at how EA does its rating in the past, he's going to be unstoppable in this game. Im a huge gator fan, but its going to be ridiculous on how good he's going to be in the game. Think about the first time Vick was on madden its going to be the same thing. All hate aside though GO GATORS!!!
Not really ...
#1 When Vick was in the game years back the game was much faster and it was so easy to roll out every passing down, even with slow QB's. Since Madden has slowed the game down it is not as easy to get outside the pocket anymore.

#2 There was a clone of Tim Tebow in Madden 10. His name was Tim Trebow with very similar ratings. Yet he was faster than 79 speed. I have a very competitive Online Franchise in its 9th season and Trebow is now an 82 OVR and he is not unstoppable. Yea he breaks tackles here and there but he can be stopped.

#3 There is also a player in the draft called "Michael Bolt" which has 97 speed at QB. He was also a guy that everybody in the lg thought was going to be unstoppable and that wasn't the case. Yea he's fast and dangerous but is containable.

#4 If you notice when you begin to take off and run with the QB, it takes a couple of steps before they start to get into a fast motion which I think is great.

#5 Wildcat passing plays do not allow you to take off run with the QB. Which makes it tougher to make a player like Tebow that much more effective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »