Home

Create-A-Player Improvements

This is a discussion on Create-A-Player Improvements within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Create-A-Player Improvements

I love making created players, whether they be prospects or just fictionalized versions of me or fictitious prospects. But, there's some things that really irk me when creating a player. Here's some improvements that EA could implement in future creation modes (maybe even in NHL 11?):

- Have an option to add a secondary position for your CAP. There are quite a few guys who play both on defense and on the wing. I'd love to be able to give my CAP that luxury.
- More customization/equipment: Have a wider selection of vintage gear, as well as the option of wearing a neck protector, more visor choices, more pants to choose from, and the ability to add a visor to the vintage helmets, among others.
- No more generic black silhouette for CAPs. The way to fix this is to have an option of taking a "portrait" of our created players, with a choice of having him smile or frown or whatever.
- Have a LARGE soundbank of first and last names that we can choose from, so that the PA announcer isn't reduced to simply referring to your created player by their jersey number. (Kind of like in ESPN NHL2K5).
- Gameface is a must. I'm tired of picking the same ugly face templates for my created player. In addition, have more hair choices.
- New Player Types: Agitator/Pest, Two-Way Forward, All-Around, Two-Way Defenseman, and so on.
- There should be a "toggle" that we can set for players that determines whethere they are actively involved in post-whistle scrums or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Create-A-Player Improvements

WE NEED MULLETS!!!! and no more of that fake equipment stuff
Old 06-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

My biggest thing is getting rid of the limited face templates. Too many EA games give you the ability to customize your face for this game not to let you do it.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

We need Game Face that can let you put your face into the game. A lot of other EA games have it. Why not NHL?
Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobert0247
We need Game Face that can let you put your face into the game. A lot of other EA games have it. Why not NHL?
Agree. Game Face works really well in FIFA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah GameFace would be awesome.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

They need to borrow from PES 2010 as far as Game Face goes. You can upload your front and side profiles directly to the game via usb port on the console. Very simple. The end result is sick and extremely life-like. You should not have to depend on a computer server for Game Face like Tiger Woods IMO.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

I really could not care less about putting *MY* face into the game, but if I were able to download other people's "create-a-players" where they actually added in historical players, that would be amazing.

The ability to download Wayne Gretzky or Eric Lindros or Pavel Bure or Mark Messier would be awesome.

I truly wish historically accurate players would be in the game to begin with, but I would salivate with this addition since the former seems unlikely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »