Home

Since a patch is in the works...

This is a discussion on Since a patch is in the works... within the Backbreaker Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Since a patch is in the works...

I thought it would be good to hold back on editing player ratings for a while. I've been working on one for the NFL for the last couple of weeks and have been getting good results, but I think I'm going to have to redo it all in a couple of weeks. I plan on releasing it once the patch comes out. So, to save some of you guys some time, you might want to hold out for the patch to correct some things also. I can wait another month if it means having a better game. But by all means, you can keep going if you want. I don't know about all of you but if the patch is successful, things could just be getting started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Since a patch is in the works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDude47
I thought it would be good to hold back on editing player ratings for a while. I've been working on one for the NFL for the last couple of weeks and have been getting good results, but I think I'm going to have to redo it all in a couple of weeks. I plan on releasing it once the patch comes out. So, to save some of you guys some time, you might want to hold out for the patch to correct some things also. I can wait another month if it means having a better game. But by all means, you can keep going if you want. I don't know about all of you but if the patch is successful, things could just be getting started.
any word if they will unencrypted the PS3 version's save file?

it seemed like Tod was open to the idea, but it would mess up everyone's current created save files......I'm sorry but it would be worth it for us PS3 owners.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
any word if they will unencrypted the PS3 version's save file?

it seemed like Tod was open to the idea, but it would mess up everyone's current created save files......I'm sorry but it would be worth it for us PS3 owners.
I have no idea, man. I only work with 360s. The PS3 is pretty encrypted and well protected. Hell, there isn't even a way that I know of to burn games for that machine (one of the reasons I didn't buy it). I think PS3 users are going to have to suffer for a long time till someone is finally able to break into that custom teams file. Look on the bright side though, at least you don't have to pay for playing online.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Well,the same thing was said about the PS2 and the chances of 2k5 having an editor.Finn couldn't get past the encryption and then one day out of the blue he worked it out.

I had bought an Xbox mainly for the opportunity to do updated rosters,but was very happy to see PS2 people have that chance.I hope the PS3 people get that with this game and I wouldn't count it out when it comes to Finn.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

You should wait for the patch cos its not going to totally change the game play engine and you might be lucky to find out that you only need to tweak a few things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really hope they decide to remove the encryption from the PS3 save files. I'll start over, doesn't bother me one bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters »