Home

New Head Coach game ideas if they make a game

This is a discussion on New Head Coach game ideas if they make a game within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
New Head Coach game ideas if they make a game

If EA got off their ends and made a new head coach game what do you want to be.

Cover Possibilities

Choice A: Go with Sean Peyton of the New Orleans Saints

Choice B: Go with Bill Belicheck the head coach of my favorite and have him holding a camera trying to record what the other team is saying.

Choice C: Get Brad Childress to scowl with his stache sticking out. Just something cool about that don't know.

Choice D: Get Rex Ryan on the cover.

Two different head coaching modes
Become a head coach Where you become a head coach

Climb the NFL pyramid. You can coach a college team by exporting your dynasty on the ncaa football games or start out as a position coach in the NFL and work your way up to team owner during a 20 year span or down depending on how successful your team is.

Draft Paths there will be 5 draft paths over 20 years.

Joker Ross WR Mississippi Valley State compared to Jerry Rice They gave John Elway and Barry Sanders paths in the last game with the Jack English and Ozzie Jones draft paths. Why not do the same with Jerry Rice?

Elron Smithers RB Florida compared to Emmitt Smith Smith is one of great runningbacks in the NFL he deserves a path.

Bart Favor QB Southern Miss compared to Brett Favre sounds very similar to Brett Favre you could say its a Bart Starr/Brett Favre hybrid.

Major Ransom QB Boston College compared to Matt Ryan Major Ransom just sounds like an awesome name and no players in Head Coach were compared to Matt Ryan.

Donkey Kong Soo DT Nebraska compared to Ndamukong Suh Suh is a beast and deserves a draft path even if he doesn't pan out. You could put yearly draft updates in this draft path if you preorder the game. It could be a promo code giveaway at gamestop thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: New Head Coach game ideas if they make a game

All I would need in a new Head Coach is:
1. The ability to fully edit rosters (ratings, age, size, pot, personality, contract, everything)
2. More paths with most players being randomly generated. I love the guys like Ozzie Jones and Jack English but there should be 30ish guys like that with extensive commentary and everyone else should be randomly generated (name and pots)
3. Way more than 15 years. It sucks that we can only see the end of our first couple years of draftees careers.
4. VASTLY improved sim engine. No more 2000 yard 20+ TD receiving seasons except for super special occasions. No more 3 guys over 5000 yards passing and no more Hammermill HBs winning MVP every single season.

I feel if they took an entire year or two and simply added these things onto the existing HC09 I would never need to buy another video game for the rest of my life. Sadly these will always just be dreams as there's not going to be another Head Coach game anytime soon.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Man I would love Rex Ryan on the cover if they decided to make a new one. But I like the concept as starting as a position coach but u should be able to call plays at least for that side of the ball. Also, there should be an online career mode where u can compete with up to 31 other users these kind of game is made for multiplayer online. Also they should improve A.I of the other teams ownership.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Banned

The point that the CPU isn't that good really ruins the game for me like it's way to easy to build a super bowl contender and I don't like having to refuse to buy special skills but it's the only way to make the game tough. That's why having multiplayer would be amazing we could start a league with guys on this forum and that way it's alot more fun challenging intense so on.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Banned

Maximum Panic's Arena

OVR: 3

The problem with all of this is that EA Sports is incompetent and will never ever do these things. Madden is still a mess for Gods sake

Anyway, Better CPU AI on and off the field (constantly winning gets annoying after a while), a 30 Year Career, using Multiple Draft Paths (After say, 10-15 Years you go on to the next one!) And better logic. Let us call audibles and please use better Sideline logic! Also Kickers like Viniteri should be able to make a 30 Yarder!! And lastly, Don't focus so much on Learning, Vernon Davis is a beast but given a sad overall. Other than all these things the game is perfect, just watch for the damn glitches and bugs BEFORE you release the game, kay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Fantasy Draft Mode

And for the love of god put in fantasy draft mode! This game is boring if you want to play your favorite team and they happen to be good.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

tv style broadcasting i think this is were you really could take advantage of in depth color comentating on your decisions as a head coach. who wouldn't want to hear the game anouncers saying what the heck is he doing lol.

having anouncers would make the game not so silent also the cutscenes
of coaches should be for both sides in 09 head coach you never see the oposing head coach only at the end when they shake hands the animations should be for both sides.

a camara angle that has the logo rightside up not upside down
it should run off the same engine as madden so that it is fluid looking

the ability to import draft classes and to edit rosters incase they decide not to make another game for a few years.

the option to buy roster upgrades this game could be made bi yearly
more options to increase prophits hot dog sales bear sales what ever
it should have a running number that tells you how much you make per year and a total at the end.

in franchise mode this could be used in madden series as well but i feel that
bad teams should be rewarded with more points to scout players at the combine and the best teams have less that way you increase your chances of becoming better.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #8
Banned

God yes all good ideas execpt setting hot dog and beer sales this has absolutly nothing to do with being a head coach and the GM or sales manager or something deals with sales. They threw the sales feature in madden a while back and I though it was so stupid and never even touched it. But yeah other than sales your ideas are great especially the ability to import draft classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »