Home

Old 06-17-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Rookie

mgovick's Arena

OVR: 1
C'MON MAN!!!!

I know most of you all had that christmas morning feeling when first coming across the link for "new" teambuilder site, then immediately followed by an enormous letdown. Almost as if the tb wind had been taken out of your metaphoric sails. And then the site was removed, leaving many of of us without our edited teams.

I came across this link on the ea forum. It doesnt make any sense to me how an EA moderator could start a thread touting teambuilders new features/link to the new site, and then have EA say that its not the real one. On top of that it took EA a day and a half to address it and then remove it. On top of that it was released the same day as NCAA 11's segment for E3.

There is no way that IF it were release by accident it would take EA that long to find out, when the rest of the ncaa fans knew about it.

The only explanation I could think of was that ea meant to release it, but everyone was so let down with lack of upgrades that ea decided to play it off as an accident.

If I am wrong dont hesitate to correct me.

Last edited by mgovick; 06-17-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Apollo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: C'MON MAN!!!!

I had the same reaction. Team Builder was one of the most popular features to come along in years and the wishlist's are pages long.

If there are only minimal changes, it would down right criminal and would follow EA's MO.

Let's hope for the best, but expect the worst.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

And I thought I overanalyzed things...
Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

I had considered that they meant to release it, but pulled it because of fans being upset- but the link on their site always took us to the old Beta version, for 2010
Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
I had considered that they meant to release it, but pulled it because of fans being upset- but the link on their site always took us to the old Beta version, for 2010
yup this and the fact that if you scrolled through the mascots there were holes in the lineup. tells me it wasn't ready for release
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm glad I left my New Teambuilder Tab open.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I have a feelingthat it truly was a mistake. Even if they did release it purposely and pulled it because people were let down what would they do about it? What could they? If something isn't on the disk then they just can't add something to TB... and I really don't think there is enough time to add to the disk... I think the site isn't ready and somebody slipped up.

With that said... I truly hope that there will be more updates to the site then what was release in that premature TB we all got ahold of the other day... Otherwise I truly will be disappointed....

Old 06-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgovick
I know most of you all had that christmas morning feeling when first coming across the link for "new" teambuilder site, then immediately followed by an enormous letdown. Almost as if the tb wind had been taken out of your metaphoric sails. And then the site was removed, leaving many of of us without our edited teams.

I came across this link on the ea forum. It doesnt make any sense to me how an EA moderator could start a thread touting teambuilders new features/link to the new site, and then have EA say that its not the real one. On top of that it took EA a day and a half to address it and then remove it. On top of that it was released the same day as NCAA 11's segment for E3.

There is no way that IF it were release by accident it would take EA that long to find out, when the rest of the ncaa fans knew about it.

The only explanation I could think of was that ea meant to release it, but everyone was so let down with lack of upgrades that ea decided to play it off as an accident.

If I am wrong dont hesitate to correct me.
Well, I'm not sure who that moderator is but he is just posting copypasta from a community site that wrote it up the fact that TeamBuilder had been updated as a news item. That did NOT come from EA... we don't make announcements and cite a non-EA site as a source for said announcement. That wouldn't make any sense!

TeamBuilder was never planned to go live the other day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Teambuilder Forum »