Home

Is the power swing stronger in 10 than 09?

This is a discussion on Is the power swing stronger in 10 than 09? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Is the power swing stronger in 10 than 09?

Is it just me, or is the power swing button a lot more effective in 10 than 09.
Or maybe I just didn't know how to use the Power swing in 09.

If I hit any ball down the middle or anywhere a portion on the plate, its 90% of the time a double or HR. And I play with Hitting on Legend with everything default except Fielder run speed.

I don't remember it like this before, I remember it caused more pop ups and weak grounders. But this year, it just rakes everything if you use it with a power hitter. I'm hitting HR's at least once a game with Jason Bay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is the power swing stronger in 10 than 09?

Maybe it's just me but I suspect that at least one of the developer's are BIG Jason Bay fans if you know what I mean.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
MVP

It's not just Jason Bay....
I have a rookie with high power, low contact and low plate vision, and if he hits anything with Power string, he just rakes it. He's hitting .375 at the end of the first month in the season with a slugging percentage of .783.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
It's not just Jason Bay....
I have a rookie with high power, low contact and low plate vision, and if he hits anything with Power string, he just rakes it. He's hitting .375 at the end of the first month in the season with a slugging percentage of .783.
I use power swing for Adam Dunn on my O's franchise, at the end of apreil he is hitting around .300 with 8 bombs and 28 rbi. it works lol
Old 06-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by God_of_Quan
I use power swing for Adam Dunn on my O's franchise, at the end of apreil he is hitting around .300 with 8 bombs and 28 rbi. it works lol
Yea I was actually hitting .500 with Jason Bay half way through April and he had 6 HR's, I actually had to sim some games to bring his .BA to a more realistic level.
If you hit a ball over the plate with Power Swing, it usually in the gap, off the wall, HR, or if it is a grounder, usually the grounder gets through the infield too fast for a infielder to do anything with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Is it just me, or is the power swing button a lot more effective in 10 than 09.
Or maybe I just didn't know how to use the Power swing in 09.

If I hit any ball down the middle or anywhere a portion on the plate, its 90% of the time a double or HR. And I play with Hitting on Legend with everything default except Fielder run speed.

I don't remember it like this before, I remember it caused more pop ups and weak grounders. But this year, it just rakes everything if you use it with a power hitter. I'm hitting HR's at least once a game with Jason Bay.
Do you pitch on LEGEND as well!? You are the man! I play on Hall of Fame for both pitching and hitting and my pitching struggles on HofFame. I am ranked 27th in the League in ERA.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolfordingdongs
Do you pitch on LEGEND as well!? You are the man! I play on Hall of Fame for both pitching and hitting and my pitching struggles on HofFame. I am ranked 27th in the League in ERA.
I can't pitch on Legend.....
Its too cheesy, theres no easy outs, cpu pitchers hitting HR's isn't an anomaly on Legend pitching. I can only pitch on HOF. Its a lot easier to Hit if your patient and learn the cpu's tendencies than to Pitch in this game.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I can't pitch on Legend.....
Its too cheesy, theres no easy outs, cpu pitchers hitting HR's isn't an anomaly on Legend pitching. I can only pitch on HOF. Its a lot easier to Hit if your patient and learn the cpu's tendencies than to Pitch in this game.
The power swing is not cheese in my opinion because there is no check swing with it. It is all or none.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »