Home

Need Tip: Should I Do This Trade?

This is a discussion on Need Tip: Should I Do This Trade? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Need Tip: Should I Do This Trade?

Hey there. I'm in another sim league.

Should I trade Andrea Bargnani, Rodney Carney, Randy Foye and Keith Bogans for TJ Ford, Goran Dragic, JR Smith and Joel Anthony? Or should I ask for more? Or is it fair as it is??

Just to add: Ford's value is meh in our league (no one even wants to give expirings for him) so he hasn't have a high value as he has in some other games.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Need Tip: Should I Do This Trade?

What team are you controlling and who are you trading with?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11

Bargnani is pretty friggin valuable I don't see anyone on the other side of that trade that comes all that close. He's got an unsual skill set as far as blocking, outside game and solid post game to go along with it. A lot of the stretch centers aren't as good as him inside. Joel Anthony is not filling the void Bargnani is going to leave. Foye is pretty good and Bogans a more than adequate defender so you're giving up some good all around stuff for a lot of speady firepower.

It depends on the rest of your team so there's two ways to look at it imo. Either the guys you're getting are going to balance you out, because you don't have any quick guys, or they're going to focus your team on quickness because you have speed at other positions and guys like Bogans and Foye are slowing you down when you want to run more (Bargnanis serviceable in running the floor for your average center).

Also Wade360 I threw out some ideas on your post about coaching profiles I'd like to know if you got around to reading it and trying any of it.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

So I think I just realized you aren't giving up the Bargnani group, you're going to get it, hahaha. I'm not sure if this is the same situation and I'm not sure where Joel Anthony came in but looking at your other post your team is:

PG: Tyreke Evans [38]
SG: JR Smith [30]
SF: Shane Battier [34]
PF: Michael Beasley [34]
C: Roy Hibbert [36]
------------------------
6. Goran Dragic [22]
7. Francisco Garcia [22]
8. Rasheed Wallace [17]
9. Quentin Richardson [5]
10. Jerry Stackhouse [F]
11. TJ Ford [F]
12. Peja Stojakovic [F]

What's the situation now is this team still mostly the same? If you take Bargnani and he starts over Hibbert, get rid of Smith and put in (I don't know) Foye at PG Evans at SG... then your team is completely different from a play-style standpoint. Like, completely different.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree with the above posters if ur givin up bargnani your giving up to much but if your the one recieving the bargnani group your making a steal.

All it depends on is if it matches the rest of the team if it is what the guy directly above me posted than i'd take that deal.

Not to hijack the thread but where are you guys getting all the links for theese leagues i'd like to join one but havent been able to find any good ones since nba live started loosing popularity 4-5 years ago haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do it......
Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 AM   #7
MVP

Bargnani is AMAZING in this game. My brother has him in our franchise on the Cavs and he averages like 22 pts 8 boards and 3 blocks on 8 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »