Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Impressions (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Impressions (360/PS3) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Impressions (360/PS3)

Not sure why nobody's started one of these yet but I didn't see one and wanted to post my very early impressions after one round.

Short version: I shot a 72 with Anthony Kim at Liberty National

Long Version: I scraped and clawed my way around Liberty National to shoot a 72 with Anthony Kim from the Blacks with Hard, Fast greens, Short rough, Medium Pin Difficulty and with True Aim on Tour Pro Difficulty.

Seriously, this felt very different from the start. True Aim makes all the difference. Because I couldn't move the aiming marker to a specific spot on the green and see a percentage of a full swing that I have to hit the shot with, it made going after pins a challenge alot of times. Especially when I was in between clubs. After a while, I just started shooting for the fat part of the greens, unless I had a great number in that I could challenge the flag with. I ended up with 5 birdies, 5 bogeys and the rest pars. It was great.

Things may change with a created golfer. I'm in the process of making one now. However, in 10, I had no troubles going super low with Anthony Kim anywhere really. This year, not so much. At first, I wasn't having much trouble hitting the fairways. I think I missed one on the front. But on the back, I missed a bunch, even hit one O.B. when I over-cooked a draw on a dogleg. I missed the fairway on one hole that I clubbed down to a 3-wood for just so I could hit the fairway lol.

Seems like the landing area being larger wasn't lip service by EA either. I often hit it a little right or left off the club, even on "perfect" swings. All in all, it was a truly enjoyable round, one that I hope is the norm and not the exception to the rule. Golf is a very random sport with random outcomes even when you hit a "perfect" shot. After one round, it's as close as this series has ever come to replicating that feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Impressions (360/PS3)

Couple of questions:

Is the sweet spot feature still in the game, so you can increase your chances of hitting off-center? (and can you apply it to the pros?)

Have you played against the AI yet? If so, do they play realistically?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I have this on GF for the PS3. I still cant believe they didnt add a true view mode when playing online.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
I have this on GF for the PS3. I still cant believe they didnt add a true view mode when playing online.
There were some technical issues with TrueView in P2P online matches only. In every other online mode, it is there and plays great. They are working right now to try to patch in the TrueView P2P....
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
There were some technical issues with TrueView in P2P online matches only. In every other online mode, it is there and plays great. They are working right now to try to patch in the TrueView P2P....
That would be a selling point for me if they can get that patched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
That would be a selling point for me if they can get that patched.
Agreed. If this gets patched, I'll pick it up the same day.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Having just played the True Aim Daily (btw, I think what you are referring to is really the True Aim camera; "True View" camera is only available currently on the Wii, although I'm hoping it will be part of the Move update this Fall), I'm wanting True Aim functionality for online multiplayer even more... it not only changes the way the game is viewed, it makes it play a more realistic game of golf!

I really hope they can patch this to work for online multiplayer, because Presentation camera and its other inherent aids, feels cheap in comparison.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Not sure why nobody's started one of these yet but I didn't see one and wanted to post my very early impressions after one round.

Short version: I shot a 72 with Anthony Kim at Liberty National

Long Version: I scraped and clawed my way around Liberty National to shoot a 72 with Anthony Kim from the Blacks with Hard, Fast greens, Short rough, Medium Pin Difficulty and with True Aim on Tour Pro Difficulty....
You're all over it sroz... True Aim takes this game to another place that I wanna be! I'm loving what it's bringing to the game in looks and challenge! Now if they can just give me the option to get rid of that garish blue shot tracer! All I want is the white, mini ball tail that is used in Presentation camera... I believe I'll be able to follow quite well with that without tackying up the screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »