Home

Need Help Tweaking My Coach Profile - Anyone Please?

This is a discussion on Need Help Tweaking My Coach Profile - Anyone Please? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Need Help Tweaking My Coach Profile - Anyone Please?

Hey there...I need help. I used to bring JR Smith off the bench, but for the past few games, my opponents have been blowing me out during 1st quarters, my team does come back in the end, but it's not enough....so I decided to finally start JR Smith to avoid a slow start.

My rotation is:

PG: Tyreke Evans [38]
SG: JR Smith [30]
SF: Shane Battier [34]
PF: Michael Beasley [34]
C: Roy Hibbert [36]
------------------------
6. Goran Dragic [22]
7. Francisco Garcia [22]
8. Rasheed Wallace [17]
9. Quentin Richardson [5]
10. Jerry Stackhouse [F]
11. TJ Ford [F]
12. Peja Stojakovic [F]

My profile still needs ALOT of work though. Can you please help me tweak my profile? Thanks.

Playbook - Los Angeles Lakers
Offensive Tempo - 72
Defensive Pressure - 64
Help Defense - 69
Fast Break - 82
Crash Boards - 56
Run Plays - 35
Double Teams - 59
Zone Usage - 8
Bench Depth - 58
Take Inside Shots - 53
Take Close Shots - 54
Take Mid-Range Shots - 60
Take 3PT Shots - 49
Attack the Basket - 52
Look for Post Players - 80
Throw Alley Oops - 50

What things shud I set higher/lower to get the best result possible?? I would appreciate any feedback, I hope yall could help me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Need Help Tweaking My Coach Profile - Anyone Please?

I would lower the help D, you have a giant in the middle to erase mistakes without causing scrambles

Lower look for post because you dont have enough true post players to benefit, so it clogs the floor.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Alright, thanks for the suggestion!

Anything else fellas? Would like to get many feedback as possible.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

What team are you?
Old 06-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Its from another league....TOR

PS do you think I shud switch from the triangle to New Orleans' playbook?? Since I got Tyreke @ PG...I figured

Tyreke = CP3
JR Smith = Marcus Thornton
Battier = Posey
Beasley = David West
Hibbert = Okafor

is very similarly built. wat do you think?

Last edited by Wade360; 06-05-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

Personally I think it makes the most sense to basically ignore your bench when determining coach profiles unless you have a major-minutes 6th man, which you don't seem to now that Smith is starting. Who was starting SG for you before you inserted him anyway??

If I'm wrong about a players defense or play-making abilities someone say-so and we'll adjust, I don't have the game here to check. Or if these guys have developed at all in any areas that changes things too. Anyway, your starting line-up:

Evans: Athletic, bad shooter, play-maker, OK defender.
Smith: Athletic, good long-shooter, play-maker(?), average defender.
Battier: Not so athletic, not great shooter (also a slow release I think), not a play maker, good defender.
Beasley: Athletic, OK mid-shooter, probably a play-maker in this game even though he isn't really, not a great post defender.
Hibbert: Slow, no post game, shot-blocker.

So a fast break team is sort of sensible for you, you have three guys that can run the floor but only one that's going to capitalize on transition 3s (Smith). All three are high flyers that can finish and are also you're play makers.
So you're looking at a high attack the basket, fairly high fast break, somewhat low play running, fairly low look for post players (although alley-oops may still be good), low close-shot taking (Beasley might be your only guy suited to close shots), high inside shot taking, normal to low mid-range shot taking, and not that high 3pt taking.

Tempo is a weird one because I take it to mean how quickly will your guys take a shot if given an opportunity at one. Granted the shooting categories are part of that as well but for example a high tempo Suns team is going to take the first decent shot they're presented with, while the Celtics will use an entire shot clock to find a shot. They both may even have similar 3pt, close, and inside shot values, but the Suns are going to shoot it quickly. Because you don't have great shooters I would put tempo a little lower and let your athletic play-makers break down they're defense and look for a place to attack the basket. Still keep fast break up high though.

If you're guys have developed significantly slide these higher in respective areas.

Offensive Tempo - 30-45
Fast Break - 65-80
Run Plays - 30-45
Take Inside Shots 50-60
Take Close Shots 35-40
Take Mid-Range Shots 40-55
Take 3PT Shots - 30-45
Attack the Basket - 80-95
Look for Post Players - 40-50
Throw Alley Oops - 50-65

The other categories:

An OK, but not great defensive team but again, fairly athletic, so good at recovering. Don't get in their face, let you're athleticism and shot-blocker make them struggle to get by you to to the basket. Translation: low pressure. (I will admit now, my grasp on these defensive values aren't great I'm still trying to figure out how to evaluate them, so those should be grain-of-salt).
I like crashing the boards personally even with fast-break teams. You have Beasley, not a huge PF and also one of your key fast break guys, who would need to rebound for you so it's kind of tough. I say crash the boards heavy and your team will fast break when appropriate.
I'm not a huge huge fan of double teams in this game because defensive AI isn't great at rotating to open guys. Unless you have two monster shot-blockers and a lock-down perimeter defender (you have Hibbert and Battier so you're not far off, though), I don't like many double teams.

Defensive Pressure - 35-45
Help Defense - 65-75
Crash Boards - 55-70
Double Teams - 40-50

The last two categories of zone and bench depth can be interesting for you. If you slide Sheed Wallace into PF and Beasley down to SF you have 5 pretty over-sized, long-armed players, and your bottom 3 (Evans, Smith and Beasley) are all your athletic players, with two good shot blockers (Hibbert and Wallace) behind them. With that, a good 2-3 zone could be stifling. Other than that your bench is merely OK, give your starters more of the burden. Bench depth can basically always be 40 or less.

Zone Usage (Normally) - 10-15
Zone Usage (Hibbert, Wallace, Beasley, Smith, Evans) - 85-100
Bench Depth - 35-45

There you go, give those a shot and see how it works out. Still going to need some tweaking but it looks pretty radically different from what you had so it'll probably at least change the kinds of stats you're players are getting, if not wins.

The last thing would be playbook. In my layout, at least, you don't run many plays and I'm not sure how much playbook factors into game siming, per se. In fact, I doubt it does, but I could be wrong. All I know is the Laker's playbook in real life wouldn't really suit your players. Think more along the lines of a Bulls or Grizzlies (and again, the assumption is the game takes this kind of thing into account and assumes the playbooks associated to each team are proper for their personel), just because they are similar ish to your team in their starting player types.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Fngb3; 06-08-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 11

I should also mention this assumes your game sliders are pretty realistic as well. If they aren't then you might as well ignore that whole post.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Defensive Pressure - 35-45
Help Defense - 65-75
Crash Boards - 55-70
Double Teams - 40-50

by setting these to 100, would the team become amazing at defence right away??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »