Home

The Carolina Panthers in Madden 11

This is a discussion on The Carolina Panthers in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
The Carolina Panthers in Madden 11

The new team ratings were revealed and the Panthers are rated a 75? Giants rated an 81? Did we not crush the Giants last year like 44-17? http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...urns_into.html

I know Julius Peppers did not have that much of an effect in ratings. He was like the only true player we lost!

Everything else is the same, if not better. We got rid of Brad Hoover, but we got Tony Fiammetta. Muhsin Muhammads gone but he was old anyway and Brandon LaFell is his replacement (speaking way too soon). If you ask me, I think Carolina should be atleast 81 tied with the Giants. Most of the offensive mistakes came from Jake Delhomme throwing interceptions. Look how Steve Smith and everyone played when Matt Moore came in.

This is non-sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: The Carolina Panthers in Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
The new team ratings were revealed and the Panthers are rated a 75? Giants rated an 81? Did we not crush the Giants last year like 44-17? http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...urns_into.html

I know Julius Peppers did not have that much of an effect in ratings. He was like the only true player we lost!

Everything else is the same, if not better. We got rid of Brad Hoover, but we got Tony Fiammetta. Muhsin Muhammads gone but he was old anyway and Brandon LaFell is his replacement (speaking way too soon). If you ask me, I think Carolina should be atleast 81 tied with the Giants. Most of the offensive mistakes came from Jake Delhomme throwing interceptions. Look how Steve Smith and everyone played when Matt Moore came in.

This is non-sense.
Giants were trash last year, just like the Panthers. One game shouldn't justify a team being rated higher. That'd be like rating the Browns the same as the Steelers just because the Browns beat the Steelers last season.

Giants made a lot of improvements to their team, so they deserve their rating. Panthers have unproven talent at QB. Their rating is justified.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:

This is non-sense.
You do realize that beating the giants an 8-8 team means nothing. The panthers have issues, too many issues. 75 is arround right.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
You do realize that beating the giants an 8-8 team means nothing. The panthers have issues, too many issues. 75 is arround right.
Only issue we had was Jake Delhomme throwing so many interceptions. After he was benched, Matt Moore tore it up. We had 2 1,000 yard rushers and our defense is still good from 2008. Jake is gone now, so i dont see why 75 is right! We should be 81, same as the Giants!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Only issue we had was Jake Delhomme throwing so many interceptions. After he was benched, Matt Moore tore it up. We had 2 1,000 yard rushers and our defense is still good from 2008. Jake is gone now, so i dont see why 75 is right! We should be 81, same as the Giants!
With Delhomme, you'd be a 70. Matt Moore IS NOT... Let me say again. IS NOT... a proven QB. And yes, you had 2 1,000 yard rushers, but that really doesn't equal wins, does it?

Like I said, just because one awful team beats another bad team doesn't mean they are on the same level. Giants beat the Cowboys. Cowboys beat the Panthers 21-7. And another team beat another team who beat the other team.

Not every team is the same, even if they beat a better team. Your argument is unjustified. Panthers suck, and probably will until they get a decent QB, and upgrade the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinity
With Delhomme, you'd be a 70. Matt Moore IS NOT... Let me say again. IS NOT... a proven QB. And yes, you had 2 1,000 yard rushers, but that really doesn't equal wins, does it?

Like I said, just because one awful team beats another bad team doesn't mean they are on the same level. Giants beat the Cowboys. Cowboys beat the Panthers 21-7. And another team beat another team who beat the other team.

Not every team is the same, even if they beat a better team. Your argument is unjustified. Panthers suck, and probably will until they get a decent QB, and upgrade the defense.
Pritty much explained it. Matt moore is rated 76 in madden, which imo is too high. Reason, because he is undrafted and played decent in 4 games and all of a sudden hes as good as sam bradford? No no, thats not how it works.

Lets see how it all plays out, theirs a reason they still drafted clausen in the 2nd round.

The panthers deffence was &^%#. Their corners and safteys are decent, but not great. Their Linebackers are good, they have no pass rushers. Their Oline is ok, they have 2 great backs. A decent TE. So not a good team at all. Delhomme was not the reason why their bad.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I just have to say I do like Matt Moore, I don't think he is out of this world but I think he should be a few points higher (78-80) and could be looking at a break out season with the new WRs (lafell and edwards) he has. The Panthers did have a decent enough draft, even though I think they took a few too many QBs and CBs and probably should have gotten at least one guy for the O line, a DT and sadly, drafting Jimmy Claussen (who very well could be the best QB in the draft) doesn't look good for the management's confidence in Moore. While I said I like Moore he still very well could screw things up, I think that its going to come down to the O line and the D line. Armanti Edwards could be a weapon too so, while i don't think that the team should be rated 81, I have to say a solid 78 or 79.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:48 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenailer
I just have to say I do like Matt Moore, I don't think he is out of this world but I think he should be a few points higher (78-80) and could be looking at a break out season with the new WRs (lafell and edwards) he has. The Panthers did have a decent enough draft, even though I think they took a few too many QBs and CBs and probably should have gotten at least one guy for the O line, a DT and sadly, drafting Jimmy Claussen (who very well could be the best QB in the draft) doesn't look good for the management's confidence in Moore. While I said I like Moore he still very well could screw things up, I think that its going to come down to the O line and the D line. Armanti Edwards could be a weapon too so, while i don't think that the team should be rated 81, I have to say a solid 78 or 79.
Moore a 78-80? What he played DECENT for 2 games and your calling him good? Why do you think the panthers drafted clausen. And Edwards is now a great reciever even know hes never played reciever in his life? Brandon Laffell had some success in college, but look at how many recievers were drafted over the past decade and how many are still on NFL teams. And clausen IMO is at least the 3rd best qb in this draft, and I think the next brian Brohm. A bust. Clausen was in a NFL system, but they never won, he couldnt close games and he didnt put up great numbers. He also has horrible leadership quailitys and a bad attitude. Theirs a reason one of his teammates sucker punched him.

A solid 78 or 79 is way too high.

Look at the facts:

Pass rush: sucks

Linebackers: pritty good

DB's: Decent

Kickers/Punters: aging and not great

Quarterback: unproven

Running Back: Great Halfbacks, we will see how their fullback does

Reciever: only good one is aging, the rest are completly unproven and unlikely to have good success

TE: Pritty bad

Oline: Injury Prone, decent

75 at the best, should be more like 71, 70.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »