Home

Offensive Styles

This is a discussion on Offensive Styles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Offensive Styles

With NCAA 11 looming closer and closer I was wondering what kind of offensive style do you use/prefer?

Ever since NCAA 04 I have always ran a pro-style system (west coast). I tried air it out, one back, option, etc. I just never felt comfortable running out of those systems. For this reason, I almost always avoid going for that "scrambler" because most of the time, they dont have very good accuracy. Anyone else run strictly a pro-style system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Offensive Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
With NCAA 11 looming closer and closer I was wondering what kind of offensive style do you use/prefer?

Ever since NCAA 04 I have always ran a pro-style system (west coast). I tried air it out, one back, option, etc. I just never felt comfortable running out of those systems. For this reason, I almost always avoid going for that "scrambler" because most of the time, they dont have very good accuracy. Anyone else run strictly a pro-style system?
I tend to lean towards the Spread(U of H) and the triple option. You can't defend what you can't predict.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I love running the west coast( pro style). I need a experienced qb to run my offense
Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

in the past I've been a pro-style or one-back guy(unless I play with Texas Tech, then I use their offense, Air Raid). for NCAA 10, I played as MTSU in my offline dynasty and I started out using their playbook(spread). I eventually changed to Oregon's playbook and became more of a running team, just in shotgun.

for NCAA 11, I'll use Air Raid for my online dynasty with Texas Tech. offline, I haven't decided who I'm going to use yet. I'll probably wait until I pick a team before deciding what style of offense to use.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbanflguy
I love running the west coast( pro style). I need a experienced qb to run my offense
College is about wide open offenses and passing the thing all over the field. At least, that's how I see it. LOL I've used UTEP and Missouri the last few years but this year I am curious to see if they've properly implemented the Run & Shoot.

Do they have at least 2 WR's running option routes on pass plays, do they then run those option routes correctly, do they have the Shovel Pass in? I will also be interested in Air Raid and wonder if Texas Tech will have their wide O-line splits?

I will experiment w/ Run & Shoot, Air Raid, Spread {ala Brian Kelly @ Notre Dame}. I want to see how accurate they got things and what differences there are from one system to the other in the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbanflguy
This. 80% of the time (since 04) my starter has been either a Junior or Senior. I absolutely love running a west coast offense.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
This. 80% of the time (since 04) my starter has been either a Junior or Senior. I absolutely love running a west coast offense.
I am exactly the same way. I almost refuse to start a freshmen at qb.
I like to go with a junior or senior with not that great throw power, but good accuracy. Even if a frosh qb has a better rating I will still go with the senior until he gives me a reason to change
Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

I like running a one back system, gives me alot of chances to suprise em. I also like the I-form.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »