Home

How do you play your franchise?

This is a discussion on How do you play your franchise? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Rookie

jhill396's Arena

OVR: 5
How do you play your franchise?

just wondering what you guys do for franchise. It seems nearly impossible to play all 162 games. I also hate simming because of how random it is. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How do you play your franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill396
just wondering what you guys do for franchise. It seems nearly impossible to play all 162 games. I also hate simming because of how random it is. Any suggestions?
Play football instead.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Rookie

jhill396's Arena

thank you for not helping at all
Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
Play football instead.
Seems like a pretty reasonable answer to me jayhawker...

Seriously though OP ... You don't want to play 162, and don't want to sim so what options are there? Playing a sports title w/ a shorter season may be just what the doctor ordered.

You don't have to technically sim, you can do the manager mode where the results are simmed, but you can at anytime change pitchers/hitters etc.

I for one won't play all 162, and know that heading into it...since the goal is to play as many seasons as possible, simming then becomes a must. With season#1 under my belt, and having played over 100 games w/ multiple teams (control all-30) I'm now ready to breeze through some seasons.

What I'm going to do is try to stick w/ one to two teams, the Phillies and one other team. I'll start by playing through the first two months, playing on only Roy Halladay starts. Then, once two months have gone by, and I can sort of see who needs help in the standings, or what team could be a contender but just needs a little help. I'll take that team over, and push them into contention.

Last edited by JBH3; 06-03-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Rookie

jhill396's Arena

thanks man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

I made it through an entire hockey season, once. And hockey has half the games, and they play out quicker than baseball. I've never completed a 162 game season. I put in a good effort for most of the summer, and then move on. But I play other games, so it's just not likely it will happen.

This sumer I'm taking a Calc class and Biology. I don't think I'm going to finish a quarter of a season.

But I am loving the hell out of MLB Today, so the game is still providing me plenty of value.

But if you don't have time to play the games, and don't want to sim, there really is no other answer. Football has a nice 16 game schedule and is very doable.

I guess other ideas could include, quit your job, divorce your wife, and drown your kids.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

not sure if you are aware of this or not but you can shorten the length of the season to wear you only play 2 game series and not 3. or you can play even a shorter season.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
Pro

I know you said that you do not like to sim, but I will usually play 2 games of the series if it is against someone in my division and then I will only play 1 game against Non-divisional oppenents in every other series, and will sim the rest. I believe this gives you a more realistic approach to being able to play with your team and manage your team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »