Home

NFL Player names that are not restricted in Backbreaker

This is a discussion on NFL Player names that are not restricted in Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NFL Player names that are not restricted in Backbreaker

First off, I want to state that I love this game. It's frustrating when you first start playing the game but once you start to pickup the nuances of the game. The game keeps getting better and better every time I play it. It's such a fun game to play because of the natural motion of the players and the physics/player interaction in the game. This game has a steep learning curve but is very rewarding once you start to turn the corner. Despite some of it's shortcomings. It's the gameplay and the organic feeling of executing football technique that is most rewarding.

Hours can be spent in just customization alone. That's the original point of this thread. I have made a few teams. A couple of my own creations and the Cleveland Browns. What I have found fun in doing is finding out what NFL players can be used online and which one's can't. Offline, I can use every NFL player. Online, I have to get creative which is actually kind of fun in a strange way.

First off, All of the draft pick and rookie players in the NFL are not blocked in Backbreaker. You can insert Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford and company in the game without being prompted with the online message.

There are also several current NFL players that also do not get the online prompt from the system. On my Browns team. There are several current Browns players that are not blocked. Like Abram Elam, Joshua Cribbs, Jerome Harrison, Mohamed Massoqoi etc etc etc...

On certain players, Simple miss-spelling a name slightly will do the trick. Some are so simple. Linebacker D'Qwell Jackson gets prompted but D"Qwell Jackson or DQwell Jackson does not get prompted by the online message. I like to leave last names alone if I can. Just add an extra N to Sennecca Wallace's name and you are good to go for online play with him.

Team names also work the same way. I like to keep the team's nickname intact and just slightly change the way the team's town is spelled. Cleveland Browns gets a prompt but Clevelend Browns doesn't.

Customization like the game is also hard but it's also very rewarding once you start to work your way around it.

Last edited by LeonM; 06-03-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NFL Player names that are not restricted in Backbreaker

Meg Griffin works, but she's never played in the NFL.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I think you can also add a space after their first name.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

I've been getting into the habit of putting a space in the first name like so:
Marshal l Faulk Torr y Holt

If the space AFTER the first name thing really works that would be awesome, I'll try it out today and report back.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

i also did the same with players, leaving their surname correct for the jerseys and misspelling first names. jason as jayson etc
i had it pretty easy with st louis though, i just left a space after the st and didnt put a period in there.. was too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I do first initial. last name.

J. Cutler
M. Forte
B. Urlacher
Old 06-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8