Home

Improvements Needed to General Online Play

This is a discussion on Improvements Needed to General Online Play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Improvements Needed to General Online Play

I play a lot of games on line (>350 this year) and it has had almost the same (broken IMO) ranking system since 07.

A couple improvement suggestions:

A true player review system. It would definitely cut down on cheesers if you could label them after you play. Now maybe this would hurt sales because the cheesers wouldn't play it, but it would definitely make the experience a lot more enjoyable online. Maybe give categories you could select similar to the options on the Xbox Live ranking system (except make these actually work and make it so you can view how other have ranked them).

Better ranking system in general. Sometimes I get 35 pts for beating a level 3. Sometimes I get 35 points for beating a lvl 35. Sometimes I lose 55 points for losing to a level 4. Sometimes I lose 50 points for losing to a level 30. The whole thing just doesn't make much sense. IMO it needs to be more of a reward for beating people at or above your level. When I get a level 35+ to play and I actually beat them, I want to get a nice reward. If I lose, I don't want to be punished just as severely as if I lost to a low level scrub. It takes away from my incentive to play them (Though I still do because I like the competition.)

Better post game stats. Ok, maybe not something a lot of people use, but I get my stats emailed to me after the game, and I save my great comebacks and wins (when I beat the #3 at the time on a last second 30 yard TD pass, I still have that one). Madden has pretty much a complete box score, but NCAA has more limited information. No quarter by quarter score, passing stats omit passes completed, it says your 3rd down conversions, but not 4th down. Just little things like that, but mainly the quarter by quarter score and maybe a scoring summary would be great additions.

In the grand scheme of things, these aren't all that important, I still enjoy online play, but it's an area that could use some attention next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Improvements Needed to General Online Play

They need to bring bqck fair play from back on the ps2. Im so tired of guys going for it every 4th down. Its annoying and cheesy.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

How about allowing users to select time of day and weather again like on past-gen systems??
Old 06-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Not only would a more advanced online ranking system be better, but EA almost have to have a *friend watch* feature. Where people can go in and watch their buddies play, or you can watch other games in your online Dynasties. And those watching the game also have the right to vote on both USERS so there would be a *fair* rating.

There are too many little liars who play both Madden and NCAA and who would rate people badly simply because they lost the game. So if you let others watch the game it would definately balance out the ratings if they were allowed to watch as well.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Banned

1GATORFAN4EVA's Arena

OVR: 4

What would suck though is if you beat a cheeser an he reported you as a chesser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

That's what they do now.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That's what they do now.
Except no ratings anywhere mean anything on the current version.

A Prestige System
I think that a prestige system would work. The higher your sportsmanship rating, the more weight it would have in effecting the other players rating.

I think that a prestige system would work. The higher your sportsmanship rating, the more weight it would have in effecting the other players rating.

Just starting out in the game, get your butt kicked and decide to label the other guy a cheeser? If that person has been playing a while it will effect your rating very little.

This way you are doubly rewarded for having good sportsmanship. I know that I would absolutely never rate someone poorly who played an honest game and beat me. Not many do, but just last night I played a game where I just didn't play smart/well and the other guy just beat me. I don't mind those games at all. As long as the other person is kind and courteous and doesn't cheese I would be very happy to give them a good rating. I know not all are like that, but I actually feel like a system like this would really create a lot of solid feedback.

Last edited by blazer003; 06-08-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
Rookie

drewislegend's Arena

OVR: 3

I think NCAA 10 had a good stepping stone last year...

If we left the rating system up to the users completely...i totally agree that many would claim that ppl are chessers simply because they lost and are poor losers. The way to fix that would be to allow the rating system to be determined by sportsmanship points which would translate to like a 5 star system similar to mlb the show.

For example, if I was playing in the game and i went for it on 4th down when i'm up by a lot in my own territory, the game would dock me sportsmanship points, therefore lowering my overall score. On the flip side, if i merely punted it like i am supposed to, then i raise my sportsmanship score, therefore raising my overall rating. Idk just an idea...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »