Home

Franchise speculations

This is a discussion on Franchise speculations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18
Franchise speculations

What do you think has been done to this mode? I think since we've heard nothing so far (and very little on game modes [aside from super bowl as a play now option]) that it points to the possibility of this dev teams second iteration bringing in more HC features. No, I have no proof and no I'm not looking for a war of "Ea didn't do anything" vs. "it'll be great and life changing".

I think we'll get a much improved draft presentation (since it was a big gripe last year and we know they were listening). Looman and Cummings want this done, and with the time they've had with the keys to the bus, I'm thinking it's going to happen.

I also think the extra point will be blown out this year and should surpass what we had with 2k5. They made it their goal to get us to shut up about that game last year, and although they didn't succeed, they laid the groundwork to shut me up as long as the in game highlights play with commentary and in the correct order, and the weekly show comes with similar improvements.

Maybe I just want these and am projecting my wishes as what I think we'll get, but I don't feel that there's any way that these issues didn't get major attention this cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Franchise speculations

I agree they def need to keep the in-game and post game highlights and commentary. As far as the draft presentation, i could care less. After about year 3-4 of franchise mode, i draft 1st-3rd rd guys and let the cpu fill the rest anyway. I think if theyre tryna make the draft as deep and presentable as everyone is talking/speculating/hoping, the Madden draft will be as boring in the game as it is in real life.

Two things i'd like to see in franchise mode are Playoff scenarios and in game score tickers. It drives me crazy having 3 teams finish 11-5 and not knowing where you'll all be seeded.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Until I get any info, or better yet have the game in my hands and have played it first hand, I refuse to let myself get my hopes up. While last year's franchise mode was a step in the right direction, it is still nowhere near where it should be. I've been disappointed every year since Madden '07, so I'm really not expecting anything at this point.

Nothing has led me to believe that there will be any significant improvements; we have heard NOTHING yet, but only time will tell. I'm a hardcore franchise guy like many of you, and I'm tired of being let down every year. I'd like to have a more positive outlook and expect great things this year, but that just doesn't seem very realistic.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 22

Is it too much to ask for to see highlights from other games in my franchise, not just my own? I would like to see the game I'm currantly playing cut to the "Sportsdesk" where they would then show a big play from another game, or that miracle finish, a la Brandon Stokley. And at half time they should go over highlights from all of the notable games being played, not just flash some random scores in front of my face. I want to see highlights. Something like this could possibly make Madden's presentation finally surpass NFL 2k5's.

Make it happen EA. Also I want a spectate option for online franchise, if I want I should be able to watch the Super Bowl in my own online franchise. No reason to think I shouldn't be able to.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Right now i'm being optimistic. Every year EA touts the franchise as groundbreaking, or a new exciting feature to change the face of Madden. Yet each year, it's in two words, broken and boring. Franchise hasn't been good since Madden 07 on the PS2.

I'm still holding out hope though, I think they're gonna do something drastic with the draft this year, which would be a great step in the right direction. Hopefully progression is also fixed, because, I don't care what EA's claim was last year about progression, it was still all pre-determined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprioleau
I think if theyre tryna make the draft as deep and presentable as everyone is talking/speculating/hoping, the Madden draft will be as boring in the game as it is in real life.
Completely disagree, and unfortunately this is the target audience that EA is going after.

But yeah I have high hopes that franchise will be the big thing this year, so far they have mentioned nothing about it and they usually wait till the end to announce the big improvement, and since franchise was the largest complaint last year there is no way they could not address it.

Last year they were more hands on with the community, announcing features early and interacting with people and their ideas, and I think it back-fired on them. They promised things they didn't deliver and a majority of the community turned on them when the game came out, so I think they are really holding things close to the chest in this one and waiting on releasing features in order to build more hype for the game.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Im not looking forward to anything.No hopes up here at all.I think Offline will pretty much at basic stay the same and Online will be what Offline was last year.But who knows.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Im not looking forward to anything.No hopes up here at all.I think Offline will pretty much at basic stay the same and Online will be what Offline was last year.But who knows.
As optimistic as I try be about Madden 11,I really feel this post.

However,it wouldnt surprise me if they did focus on draft presentation upgrades instead of more frequently accessed areas.This seems like a potentially good cover for claiming they worked hard on franchise by dressing up a feature only used once every franchise year for a small amount of time.It would be a great side addition but it being classified as a franchise feature would be a cop out,IMO.

I hope to see yearly team RPG-like storylines in franchise along with a league wide news and game recap show with video.They have mentioned a story telling engine of sorts for commentary,so hopefully that adds a "reading a new novel" element to each year in the franchise.Now that would keep me newly excited every year of a franchise inspite of other things lacking.

Last edited by tlc12576; 06-02-2010 at 06:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »