Home

Anyone else happily supprised with the 2nd patch?

This is a discussion on Anyone else happily supprised with the 2nd patch? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Anyone else happily supprised with the 2nd patch?

After having a couple days to take in the changes,and playing about 10+ starts with My Player mode(starting pitcher) im very pleased with what they got done because i was expecting a complete bomb.
I got my pitcher coming out when he should every time,i threw one complete game and it was my first game and that was only because i had to adjust my sliders post patch. AI fielding is still not perfect but MILES ahead of where it was.Team budgets are no longer -100 million and they are signing free agents.
Another thing i have noticed is that the stat sim engine is working a little better.Still got some problems like howard will not hit more than 32 HRs,but pitchers seem alot more realistic at the end of the season every team's ace doesnt have an ERA over 5.
All in all i think it will be alot more fun when i actully have to try and win the CY young award instead of getting it by defualt cuz i had 15 complete games every year.I gotta give them a 7 outta 10 on this patch(that doesnt excuse the fact that this is how the game shoulda played outta the box).Good job 2k on givin this game a 2nd wind atleast IMO,carry this into 2k11 and maybe you wont be the laughing stock of the video game making community anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Anyone else happily supprised with the 2nd patch?

I am loving this patch, because I play on the Pro Level and I did a Franchise (default rosters) back when I bought the game and I was killing it with Luke Hochevar on the Royals. 18-5 record, 1.84 ERA. Cy Young award. On top of that, I even won the World Series.

Now, that I am seeing the new rosters I started another Franchise, this time a dynasty (link in sig) and I am playing on the Pro difficulty still and I am actually losing more games than winning - and happy about it. It is a lot harder to paint the corners, even with Hochevar. I like that I have a learning curve now that differentiates every pitcher. I was able to use Hochevar the same as I would Greinke and easily paint the corners. Now, when I try pinpointing the trajectory of a pitch, it is a lot harder, and thats how it should be it makes the game more realistic.

2K had to of tweeked with pitcher logic, cause now the pitcher will really fool me and I am getting a lot of strike outs. I tell you, pre-patch I was a killer and now, its an entirely different game. I actually had to use the Inside Edge feature in this franchise cause I just couldn't take the losing streaks that I been running into. After Rich Harden on the Rangers shut me out 5-0 with only 3 hits allowed, the Inside Edge has been instrumental to my success.

Sorry Sony, but 2K got you beat this year.

PS: Games are so realistic, I will pitch a great game with Greinke and not be able to score any runs - that is real, that is simulation because its like that in real life with the Royals.

Thanks,
-2KBalla (formerly MaddenBalla)
Old 05-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm having the same experience. I had been playing on Pro, trying to unlock cards and achievements while I waited for the patch. The game now on Pro feels like a pretty good simulation of baseball.

Yep, I wish there were errors. But everything else just feels great.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1

I have been playing The Show mostly but actually missed 2K10 for 360, so I picked up another copy. Of course, the MLB today just can"t be beat. I have also noticed that since the patch games on pro difficulty are VERY fun to play. My first game went 12 inning ans ended 6-5 on 15 and 13 hits respectively (extra innings made for the hits). The next game I played, I hit a three run blast with Fielder to take a quick lead until Gallardo had a blow inning and allowed 6 runs....6-3 final.

2K10 plays a damn fine game of baseball on default pro settings now...pretty impressive.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm really happy since the second patch. The biggest thing for me is toning down the pitcher's accuracy. I can't paint corners all day anymore and it's a breath of fresh air.

Granted, I really wanted errors and injuries but the game is definitely better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm really happy since the second patch. The biggest thing for me is toning down the pitcher's accuracy. I can't paint corners all day anymore and it's a breath of fresh air.

Granted, I really wanted errors and injuries but the game is definitely better.
Practice makes perfect buddy, I can now paint the corners with Luke Hochevar and Carl Pavano in my Franchise. I just have a problem with scoring runs. It will be a 0-0 game till the 7th-8th inning when my Pitcher is fatigued and I will get crushed. It is a death sentence putting in a reliever when you're the Royals. Who betta' than Greinke?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
Practice makes perfect buddy, I can now paint the corners with Luke Hochevar and Carl Pavano in my Franchise. I just have a problem with scoring runs. It will be a 0-0 game till the 7th-8th inning when my Pitcher is fatigued and I will get crushed. It is a death sentence putting in a reliever when you're the Royals. Who betta' than Greinke?
This is kind of obvious, but stop using the power swing exclusively. It will kill you average. Last night I hit 2 home runs with Nelson Cruz. The first one was with a power swing on a 2-0 count. But later I jacked one out to CF using the contact swing.

Heck, with two strikes on Pujols yesterday, I got suckered into swinging at a pitch that was WAY inside. Using the contact swing, Pujols drove it down the LF line for HR.

I had some great two out rallies that would never have happened using the power swing.

You have to realize that the power swing really shrinks the contact window. Not only will you miss more pitches, but more will be easy groundouts and lazy flyballs. A contact swing could turn those into solid hits. And the game really does generate home runs with the contact swing.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Why do you guys all play on pro? That is wayyyyyy too easy. I have always played on All star and it's very fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »