Home

Hit and Run HELP!!!

This is a discussion on Hit and Run HELP!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hit and Run HELP!!!

What is the deal with the hit and run in RTTS mode? I will be on first and get called to hit and run. I break for second and if the batter misses the pitch I almost always get thrown out at second. Once the game is over I get the nasty email from the manager and I get benched. Is there a work around for this? Should I just not run? Help! I am tired of getting benched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Hit and Run HELP!!!

The manager's logic is messed up, whenever that happens it's cause he thinks you're trying to steal without permission. In addition, if you're safe, you get the same message. Catch 22.

If anything, he should shoot the batter for not swinging if he didn't swing.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Rookie

I hate it when at bat, I get asked to do hit and run. Sometimes the pitcher throws a HORRIBLE pitch in the dirt or up, and how am I supposed to hit that? Then I get chewed out or BENCHED for neglecting the sign, even though I SWUNG!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Pro

quaziemoto3's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsteve1
I hate it when at bat, I get asked to do hit and run. Sometimes the pitcher throws a HORRIBLE pitch in the dirt or up, and how am I supposed to hit that? Then I get chewed out or BENCHED for neglecting the sign, even though I SWUNG!
i am having the same experience. Without fail, it a hit and run is called the pitch is out of the strike zone. Why not wait until a 2-0 or 3-1 count to hit and run?

Also, i got chewed out for stealing a base, even though it was on a 3-2 and I was safe. Then I stole another base and the manager benched me. That pissed me off so I stole another base and the manager told me if was my final warning. Wanting to see what would happen if I steal again, I run the very next game I am in the lineup. The manager just told me it was my final warning again. I am in AA. I wonder if they will send me to single-A or trade or cut me if I keep disobeying. It was too late last night for me to find out.
NBA: Lakers
NHL: Penguins
Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
Rookie

I was playing, on first and get the hit and run. The ball sails to the backstop and I make it to second. After the game, I'm benched. There has to be a fix for this. This is playing for a Houston team that lost 124 games. Trade me please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Like I said, the manager's logic on H&Rs is messed up. Hope they fix it for next year.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #7
Rookie

Yeah, this is an awful part of RTTS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »