Home

Freeze when returning from bullpen (NOT Tropicana): Please help!

This is a discussion on Freeze when returning from bullpen (NOT Tropicana): Please help! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Freeze when returning from bullpen (NOT Tropicana): Please help!

Hey everybody: I got a PS3 just for this game and love it, but it's frozen twice on me in the middle of games in the last 2 days and I'm going nuts.

I'm playing in offline franchise, Dodgers vs. the Reds at the Great American Ballpark. Both times I have paused while up at bat, gone to the bullpen, selected a reliever to warm up, and then pressed O to return. This returns me to the pause menu, which is now completely unresponsive. I press every button on the controller and the game does not budge, it's just stuck on the Main Menu. Technically it's not "frozen" because the game appears to keep moving like normal: the ticker runs across the top, the "MLB 10 THE SHOW" flashes every couple of seconds, and there is stadium noise. But I can't get back to the game, can't save, nothing. It kills me to have to shut off and lose the game.

The only button that does anything is the PS button, which goes to the PS menu (which works fine). I've tried shutting off the controller and turning it back on: no luck.

The first time it froze was after downloading patch 3.0. The second time was after patch 3.1.

This is not like the Tropicana glitch because it has nothing to do with the select button. It happens immediately upon returning to the pause screen.

Anybody else experienced this? Sorry, I just noticed the official bugs thread and I'll post there too but this freezing is driving me up the wall. Thanks for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Freeze when returning from bullpen (NOT Tropicana): Please help!

also play a franchise with a couple of teams and it seems randon to me if the game freezes (press start warm up reliever=freeze). had it 4 times in 14 games ion different ballparks !
Nba:Raptors
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Freeze when returning from bullpen (NOT Tropicana): Please help!

This has happened to me as well. Last night I was losing to the Atlanta Braves 4-2 in the bottom of the 7th. Then I hit a two out three run home run with Albert Pujols to take a 5-3 lead. I was pumped. The I immediately went to my bullpen to hit my setup man warm. Then when going back to the game is also pressed O only to have the game freeze.I had no option expect to turn the game off.
After playing almost a month with my St. Louis cards offline season I started the season over be cause it was simply just trying to find the right difficulties and slider setting. I then restarted the season and was having great results. Then however patch three was released and I had a major problem with the runner scoring from third with two outs issue. Now I have seen this post and others describing the same issue with the game freezing when attempting to return to the game from the bullpen. what do I do? once a game freezes there's nothing you can do but simply turn the system off. is this going to happen every game now? one a week? Is this because of the updated patch? I'm not going to play games into the 7th and 8th innings only to have them freeze because I need to bring in a relief pitcher.
I have been told that if I had never connected my PS3 to the Internet that none of these issues with the previous patch and now this patch issue with the game freezing would have happened? What can I do? I have also heard if I delete the game data for MLB 10 the show, download it once again, and then start another season that this shouldn't happen? If I had a PS2 that wasn't connected to the Internet these issues might not even happen? Id like to play my 162 game season for more then a month into it? so I guess I have no clue what to do any advice?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »