Home

***Official Bugs Thread Part 3***

This is a discussion on ***Official Bugs Thread Part 3*** within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
***Official Bugs Thread Part 3***

There will be no more game updates for MLB '10 The Show, however if you run into a bug and want to report it this is thread to do so. If you have pictures or video this helps a lot. Also please go into detail and try to explain what you are reporting to the best of your knowledge. If you have ran into a bug that has already been posted you can re-post it.

As always please use the template below or don't post thank you.

What game mode did the bug happen in? (Front End, RTTS, Franchise, Season, Gameplay, Online, etc....)

Whats the Bug? How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it?

Can you recreate it? How often can the bug be reproduced?

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 05-21-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: ***Official Bugs Thread Part 3***

Audio quirk, probably not a bug introduced by patch 3:

What game mode did the bug happen in? (Front End, RTTS, Franchise, Season, Gameplay, Online, etc....)Exhibition

Pop fly in foul territory but in play well clear of the stands, Matt V first says that it's fouled out of play, then plays the "he took it out of the first row" line when the popup is caught.

Can you recreate it?
How often can the bug be reproduced?

Not sure - it happened in Great American Ballpark. I had two other pop fouls so far that played the correct audio.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

What game mode did the bug happen in? (Front End, RTTS, Franchise, Season, Gameplay, Online, etc....) Franchse - game 1 of Spring training

Jeff Keppinger hits a simply fly ball to center field. Matt Kemp is underneath, drops the catch but recovers to throw out Keppenger at second base (which also ends the inning). The Dodgers are not credited with an error despite the dropped catch. Does the outfield throw-out of Keppeger nullify the E by Kemp, or is this a bug?

Can you recreate it?
How often can the bug be reproduced?

Not easy to recreate this precise situation, but I will keep an eye out on any future dropped fly balls and their error status.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

What game mode did the bug happen in? (Front End, RTTS, Franchise, Season, Gameplay, Online, etc....)
RTTS

After the most recent update, my RTTS closer no longer throws "high power". During knockout training sessions, even though I always max out the pitch meter, they now register as either normal, or more frequently, "low power". In actual game situations, he no longer throws 99-100, fastballs now top out at 96-97. I assume it is related to the "low power" thing.

Every time I play.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

RTTS

After hitting a home run in RTTS, the next at-bat had the pitcher go through the pitching motion, but the ball never left his hand. Became stuck at the plate, PCI visible and moveable, but unable to get out of the situation (start button won't pause the game either).

Occurred in two different parks (Franco Park and Center City Field).
First time, bases were loaded, second time was a solo shot. Using the OS rosters.

Had it happen twice; not so good at hitting home runs to this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Season, but i think it's all modes.

This has been reported before, more than once, when the game came out... basically when you press 'SELECT' on your PS3 controller to see the batter / pitcher splits and the batter hotzones, you can barely see the red/blue zones because it has a black tint /shadow over the entire tic tac toe box.
Nothing triggers this, it just happens.

100 percent of the time, wondering why it wasn't fixed as part of any patch.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Franchise

It was the bottom of the 7th, i was batting and already had a pitcher in the bullpen. The Mariners brought in a new pitcher, I then went to get my setup man warm and got him up. I then went to get out of the bullpen screen and it told me I had to replace "Brandon League" (he was the player the Mariners just brought in. It would not let me get out of the screen so I had to turn off the ps3.

It was the first time it happened on show 10. I have had it happen on 09 and possibly 08. Both of those were for the ps2.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

What game mode did the bug happen in? RTTS

Whats the Bug?

Im an all-99 rated 3B on the Rays with Longoria and every game instead of starting in the IF somewhere (IF is secondary position) or being a DH the SS will start the game and before my first at bat I'll come in as a defensive substitution.

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it?

Signed with the Rays.

Every game.

I've tried switching to every position except catcher to alleviate this issue, to no avail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »