Home

Bug in RTTS - changeup is 90 mph w/a 99 velocity rating?

This is a discussion on Bug in RTTS - changeup is 90 mph w/a 99 velocity rating? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Bug in RTTS - changeup is 90 mph w/a 99 velocity rating?

My SP has 80 vel for the heater and everything else maxed out velocity wise. The change was added after I started, not at startup. My 4SFB is rated at 95mph and hits 94-97, my slider and splitter is rated at 92mph and averages about 90-91mph and my 12-6 is rated at 82 (I think) and hits around that on the gun. This is what gets me. My changeup is rated on the select screen at 70mph - and hits anywhere from 85 to 90mph. Huh? Do I need to max out my heater to get the slow change? I am used to the change making my heater slow, not the other way around. Do I need to remove the pitch and add it again?

I have checked and made sure there wasn't a trophy reward on by accident. Thanks for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Re: Bug in RTTS - changeup is 90 mph w/a 99 velocity rating?

No one else has come across this?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

It's the way they've linked the pitches together. Your change-up speed is affected by your fastball speed, and vice versa. The harder your fastball, the harder your change.

It sort of makes sense, because most guys in MLB seem to have a change around 10 mph slower than their fastball, but it does limit what we can make our pitcher into. No Lincecum-style Bugs Bunny change-ups for us.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

Ok, I was just wanting to be sure. I agree with what you said. The linking of pitches is why my 12-6 is maxed out when I prefer a Grienke like slow curve of 68 mph. If I leave it alone my heater will be 90-ish tops. Which is irritating.

At my best I could only throw near 80, but I had a change 10 miles slower and a knuckle curve that started off like a high fastball and fell between the catchers 5 hole. At it's fastest it was about 60. I was hoping to try to represent that in my RTTS. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
My SP has 80 vel for the heater and everything else maxed out velocity wise. The change was added after I started, not at startup. My 4SFB is rated at 95mph and hits 94-97, my slider and splitter is rated at 92mph and averages about 90-91mph and my 12-6 is rated at 82 (I think) and hits around that on the gun. This is what gets me. My changeup is rated on the select screen at 70mph - and hits anywhere from 85 to 90mph. Huh? Do I need to max out my heater to get the slow change? I am used to the change making my heater slow, not the other way around. Do I need to remove the pitch and add it again?

I have checked and made sure there wasn't a trophy reward on by accident. Thanks for any help!
You're misinterpreting what the ratings mean for pitch velocity. Think of it as a 0-100 scale for all attributes, not just velocity, that measures how good a pitch is in that specific attribute.

As it pertains to velocity, the higher the rating, the better (not necessarily higher) the velocity will be. So if your changeup velocity rating is 70, that means it's not as good as it should be, and bad changeup velocity is when it's too fast. So you want to get that changeup velocity rating higher -- into the 90s -- to see the actual velocity of the pitch drop.

Understand what I'm saying? It's kind of difficult to explain, but trust me, that's how it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY
You're misinterpreting what the ratings mean for pitch velocity. Think of it as a 0-100 scale for all attributes, not just velocity, that measures how good a pitch is in that specific attribute.

As it pertains to velocity, the higher the rating, the better (not necessarily higher) the velocity will be. So if your changeup velocity rating is 70, that means it's not as good as it should be, and bad changeup velocity is when it's too fast. So you want to get that changeup velocity rating higher -- into the 90s -- to see the actual velocity of the pitch drop.

Understand what I'm saying? It's kind of difficult to explain, but trust me, that's how it works.
The title says his change up velo is rated at 99. The pitch preview says he should be throwing it 70 but in game it's 90mph.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
The title says his change up velo is rated at 99. The pitch preview says he should be throwing it 70 but in game it's 90mph.
I realize that, but he's not reading a rating somewhere correctly. No pitcher with a maxed out changeup velocity attribute would be able to throw a changeup 25 mph slower than his fastball, which is what he's suggesting he should be able to do. The perfect changeup velocity is approximately 12 mph slower than the fastball.

The only explanation is that his changeup velocity rating is actually 70, which would cause the pitch to be faster than what he wants.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
CHF
Rookie

CHF's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY
I realize that, but he's not reading a rating somewhere correctly. No pitcher with a maxed out changeup velocity attribute would be able to throw a changeup 25 mph slower than his fastball, which is what he's suggesting he should be able to do. The perfect changeup velocity is approximately 12 mph slower than the fastball.

The only explanation is that his changeup velocity rating is actually 70, which would cause the pitch to be faster than what he wants.
Aroldis Chapman has thrown a 102 mile per hour 4 seamer followed by a 76 mile per hour change in a game I was watching. So it is certainly possible in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »