Home

What makes your favorite school a "position U"

This is a discussion on What makes your favorite school a "position U" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
What makes your favorite school a "position U"

certain schools are known for producing great players at certain positions. for example miami is known for being quarterback u. penn state is known for being linebacker u. let the ncaa community know why YOUR school is top dog at a certain position.

Last edited by Bruce Wayne Jr; 05-18-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What makes your favorite school a "position U"

UNC used to be known as runningback U from the 70's-90's; but that tradition has obviously been broken. But, our defensive back fraternity known as the Rude Boyz are back in full effect this year. UNC's entire starting secondary should get drafted in the first 3-4 rounds of the 2011 NFL Draft.

RUDE BOYZ!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Texas Tech should be Offense U. Over the past decade, they finished in the top 3 for passing offense every year. Give credit to Leach if you must, but Tuberville said he's not touching the offense. Here's to another decade of Air Raid!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

And Miami is so good, they don't need a position. It's all about the U!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm pretty sure that Texas is fast becoming known as DBU, with 2 out of the last 5 Thorpe award winners and plenty of finalists as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

USC - Tailback U

Why ? Well duh !!! We have produce some of the best backs in college football that's why. Most recent, Reggie Bush and LenDale White. I could throw Stefon Johnson anf Joe McKnight in there too. Heisman trophy winners include O.J. Simpson, Marcus Allen, Charles White, and Reggie Bush. Not to mention other tailbacks like Ricky Bell and Ricky Bell. Plus we recruit the best backs in the country. CJ Gable, Broderick Green, Emmanuel Moody, Marc Tyler, Curtis McNeal. Even Chris Howard back in the day.

I hope this justifies my pick for USC as Tailback U
Old 05-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Rookie

dmhtfld's Arena

OVR: 2

I would consider ohio state the wr U because we consistently put talented wide recievers in the nfl such as Cris Carter, Michael Jenkins, Santonio Holmes, Anthony Gonzales, David Boston, Joey Galloway, Paul Warfield and Terry Glenn.

Ohio State can also compete with runningback u with Archi Griffin, Chris Wells, Eddie George, Howard Cassady, Vic Janowicz and Jim Otis.

Last edited by dmhtfld; 05-18-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Let's see... Michigan.... we're every position U, lol. Majority of the offensive lines in the NFL have an Michigan alum on it. But in all honesty we've become linebacker u. We've had some pretty good ones come out recently (i.e Lamar Woodley) and soon to be B.Grahm (sp?). Now if we can get back to our old selves and start recruiting like that again...

And when I play NCAA I make my teams tailback/linebacker dominant. Two most important positions on the field IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »