Home

Rebilding~New Jersey Nets:Association Mode

This is a discussion on Rebilding~New Jersey Nets:Association Mode within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Rebilding~New Jersey Nets:Association Mode

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As most of you basketball fans know the Nets had a horrible season this year with a record of 7-75 or something alone those lines. I decided: "Hey even though im a hard core Raptors fan and the Celtics led by Rondo crushed the cavs in 6 games this playoff season, Why not choose a bad team and try to bring it up to Championship Caliber level.

. Played With: NBA 2k10 Pc Version
. Playing on: All-Star Mode
. Playing With:29 Game Seasons
. Using some of the 2010 Roster picks(Ex. John Wall and Evan Turner)

Watch as the New Jersey Nets get rebuilt!
Enjoy!
************************************************** *************************************
*RECAP OF 2009-2010 Season*
The Nets in my Association mode did not fail that much...Well not as much as expected! With a record of 9-20 Something to be proud of we got 2 more wins than then the real life season. My team was dissapointed and expected somthing better out of the teams star Devin Harris with is Big man Brook Lopez. Lopez is going to be one of the main scorers next season so hopefully he will be able to perform at a high level when the time comes. We obviously never made it into the Playoffs.

At the Award Ceremony, The nets were pleased with the level of Terrence Williams play. He had won the rookie of the year award avrg: 10Pts 8Reb and 4 Ast per game. MVP went to LeBron James for the 2nd year straight and Dwight Howard never stepped up to get the Defensive player of the Year instead Lebron won that as well Avg: 10 reb 3 Stl and 2 Blk per game! Young Reke Havoc did not win rookie of the year but won 6th man of the year, coming of the bench with 10 pts 3 reb 3 ast and 2 stl per game. Most Improve Player was Antonio Daniels with a little somthing special of 9pts and 8 Ast per game. On guess what coat of the year was taking by Greg Popovich with a record 21-8 leading his team into the 1st spot of the West.

This Years Playoffs where interesting for sure! Cavs in the 7th Seed taking on the 2nd seed Celtics and just like in real life the Celtics took the cavs out in 6 games. But in the next round Atlanta Made quick work with Boston but than the Hawks lost to Wade and his Flaming Heat. The 1st seed in the East Miami Heat had made it into the Playoff Finals

Now what was happening in the Western Conference. Spurs coming into the Post Season with confidence with the best record in the west swept the Hornets. Lakers trailing the Spurs in the 2 seed had also swept their opponents the Goldenstate Warriors. Oklahoma City making its playoff Debut took out Houston in the first round but fell to Lakers in 5 games allowing the lakers to reach the Conference Finals. In a flashy 7 Games the Suns burnt the Jazz but than got Swept by the Spurs. The Spurs felt really good with there level of play in the Playoffs and went to the Conference Finals. But the Spurs Whom swept their opponents got Swept by the Lakers them self! Kobe is just to much to handle.

Playoff Finals: Heat V.S Lakers. I was a bit dissapointed with the Final record being 4-1 with Lakers taking the crown once again. I thought the 1st place Heat where going to make a playoff Push but just could not get it out of there. Kobe goes home with Another ring and another title of Finals MVP.
************************************************** ************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OffSeason~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Nets had our big man Brook Lopez asking for a Contract Extension for 2 more years. Why not! Courtney Lee also wanted another 1 year contract so i decided to Re sign with him as well. Im going to make a few changes to the roster so he might not be here for long.

DRAFT LOTTERY
The day has come when we might get some fresh talent to help out Devin and Lopez try to make a playoff push! we have a 20% chance getting first pick but we get 3rd pick instead but its still really good. There is a lot of talent this year including my Personal Created Player named "Ryan Reezy" He is a 6'8 SF that is Explosive and can take a Star role with no problem. John Wall or Reezy will probably be first in the draft. Minnesota has 1st pick and Clippers with 2nd so they still get good talent either way but im stuck 3rd pick but i could get Cousins and Have a Duo Tower of Lopez and Cousins but i guess we will have to wait till the draft.

Like expected Minnesota took Wall and Clippers took Reezy. So i looked at the rookies and decided i was going with.....Wesley Johnson. Don's Get me wrong check this out:
A 6'7 SF with scoring potential. He Avg 16 Points a game. Is a 46% 3-Point Shooter he can take it to the rim and also can rebound the ball so i think this was a good pick.

My 2nd Draft Pick was just an Auto Drafter so you know what ever. He is not good at all. All we needed was Wess.

Overall i expect Timberwolves and Clippers to gave much better seasons with Reezy(My created Player) and John Wall.

FREE AGENTS
Well the FA class was not fantastic like most people thought. The people like Wade and Bosh stayed with there teams but Lebron left to find a new team. I Signed Al Harrington. Yeah he is getting oldish at 30 years old but he can still shoot the basketball and that is what he is here for.

Last edited by DeathCrossMS; 05-14-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Rebilding~New Jersey Nets:Association Mode

Should be cool.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Rebuilding~New Jersey Nets:Association Mode

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wall Not Up to Par?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Wall who is a starter on the Timberwolves is not playing the level that they need him to. So Far in 2 games he is Avg 7 Points and 11 Assists. The Ast are nice but he needs to take a Scoring role in the game.

"I need to make ways for me to score to help my team" Said the young first round pick stud. For the next few games he will try to step up his game.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

Hope he turns it around
Old 05-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
Rookie

V.S
Starting Line Ups
NETS
Devin Harris
Terrance Williams
Wesley Johnson(Rookie pick)
Al Harrington
Brook Lopez

NUGGETS
Chauncey Billups
Jr.Smith
Carmello Anthony
Derick Favors(Rookie pick)
NeNe

Carmello Anthony; Coming out fresh from the break with 25 Pts 6 Reb 3 Ast

This was the best game i ever played. This was a really close game to the end but before i say the winner i will talk about game play.

We where down 8-0 in the beginning. Lopez and Harris could not step it up. We are here to rebuild the teams rep not make it worse. Luckily, Terrence Williams Cranked up a deep 3 to get the team going. The Lead was 16-18 with the Nuggets up by 2. The 2nd Quarter is when Wess(Wesley Johnson) Lit up and dropped 14 points in the quarter. Melo was off to rest so Johnson length gave him the advantage at scoring and rebounding. Nets where up by 8 at the end of the 2.

Half Time Reports say that before the game Lopez wanted to be the leading scorer and he lit up in the 3rd. He dropped 12 points on NeNe in the post. Devin Harris Kept the Assist going finishing with 9 Points and 14 Assist. The Game was really close going into the 4th.

The last Quarter and both teams wanted a win. The game was good lead changes all over the place till the last 2 minuites. The score was 58-58. Harris pushed it up the floor and found a wide open Lopez WHO BLEW a wide open Dunk. All Harris could do was shake his head in shame. Mello scored making it 60-58. Wess was found and he hit a deep 2 off the assist from Harris and it was 60-60. Jr Smith was found wide open under the net for the easy jam. 62-60. After that the inbounds was stolen by Mello to make it 64-60. Wess who was having a great night with 20 points got 4 more to make it 24 points! He dropped a deep 2 and then blocked Smith and came for the slam. it was 64-64. 6.5 left on the shot clock. Quick inbounds and Splash Mello hits a Contested 2. 3 people around him and he still got it off. a Disappointing loss for the Nets lets hope the next game isnt like this.

Final Score
Nuggets:66 Nets:64
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Brook Lopez-Words on the Game.

Lopez was very disappointing with the way he played in the 1st half in the game against the nuggets. He thought that with the new year and the fresh draft pick Wesley Johnson, They could be a contender.

Although it was just one game. Lopez finished with 14 points and most of which came in the 2nd half. His defense on the defensive end was not impressive either and he feels like he need to be more involved.

"The Coach wants me to be the lead scorer on the team" Said Lopez after the game. "Harris is now the person to make plays while me and Wesley are the leading scorers. Wesley did his part and i didn't do mine."

Lopez later goes on saying that he wants to get more touches in the post for the next game and wants to score at least 20 points+.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Rookie

V.S
Starting Line Ups
NETS
Devin Harris
Terrance Williams
Wesley Johnson(Rookie pick)
Al Harrington
Brook Lopez

WARRIORS
Stephen Curry
Monte Ellis
Corey Maggette
Antonio McDyess
Andris Biedrins

Devin Harris picks up the scoring role and drops 25 points with 15 Assists

Devin Harris was angry with the loss at home against the Nuggets and wanted to show the league that he meant business.

The Rookie Wesley Johnson helped him in the scoring department dropping 25 points and 10 rebounds. This was his first nba double double. "I just did what i could to help the team" Said Wess before walking to the locker room after the game.

Uprising surge from Terrence Williams who had 22 points in this game along with 3 assists and 2 steals. He came out and helped his team get into there offense hitting 2 early deep 3's and than a slam home for a total of 8 points in the first Quarter.

Although the nets won this game the player they need to be a star; Brook Lopez only had 12 points and 9 rebounds. If they want to continue winning Lopez will have to step his game up

Final Score
Nets:79 Warriors: 70

Last edited by DeathCrossMS; 05-15-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

Nice Win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »