Home

espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

This is a discussion on espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-14-2010, 02:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

now i know that 2k5 is better overall but the small problems are not as big in 2k4 as in 2k5 ... like for example the corners dont flip out on the field and do a circle and then turn around and pick off or tip the ball behind hm ... the completion % is better in 2k4 also ....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

I actually just bought 2K3 because a poster on here said it had practically no glitches. I've only played a few exhibition games with it, but so far I like it better than 2k5. It's not perfect, but I like the animations (especially the running animations) soo much more than 2K5. Even on fast 2K5 just feels sluggish to me; the players just seem to lumber around. 2K3 feels a lot more like APF 2K8 in this aspect, to me at least. The animations are smooth even on normal setting.

There are problems though. Sacking the CPU has been impossible so far. And sometimes passes just seem to float for a little bit. I've yet to see the CPU attempt a pass for more than 10 or 15 yards. However, I've yet to notice the DB circle animation, so I'm very happy about that.

Perhaps my favorite thing about 2K3 so far is the fact that the CPU scores on me by establishing consistent drives. I got so sick of 2 and 3 play drives by the CPU in 2K5. A guy would have 75 yards on 2 catches. In 2K3, I'm getting consistent 7 and 8 play drives. That's pretty much the best I've gotten in a football video game, except for maybe Madden 2005.
----------------------------- Back on the subject of this thread
Sorry for the long post. I don't remember playing 2k4. How are you liking it? Will the CPU actually work the ball down the field or is it a spectacle of 60 and 70 yard touchdown plays? Does it feel less sluggish than 2k5?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

I have been playing 2k3 for the last couple of nights and I like it as well. Like original poster said, it is not better then 2k5, but somethings are done better. I like that the screen plays and passing in general to the running backs are better. Getting to the cpu qb is very, very hard. I have been playing the ps2 version, so the graphics aren't on par to 2k5 on the xbox1.
I went ahead and ordered a new copy of 2k4 for the xbox off ebay because I never purchased it that year. I think I must have been busy with NCAA at the time. I should have that in a couple of days and am looking forward to playing it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 05-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I have been playing 2k3 for the last couple of nights and I like it as well. Like original poster said, it is not better then 2k5, but somethings are done better. I like that the screen plays and passing in general to the running backs are better. Getting to the cpu qb is very, very hard. I have been playing the ps2 version, so the graphics aren't on par to 2k5 on the xbox1.
I went ahead and ordered a new copy of 2k4 for the xbox off ebay because I never purchased it that year. I think I must have been busy with NCAA at the time. I should have that in a couple of days and am looking forward to playing it.
Let us know how you like it.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

I will give an update on this post once I mess around with it. I hope it comes in the mail on saturday so when I get back home sunday night from St. Louis I can play it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

Last edited by Mbalmer; 05-14-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: delete a sentence
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer

I have all 3 for PS2. 2K4 (Or ESPN Football, as it was called) upgraded the playcalling to what 2k5 had. Also, 2k4 introduced the Crib, as well as the first person view from under the helmet. That was my fave view as a kickoff/punt return guy(Try this view at night in rain!!!)

Also, it began using ESPN presentation, although it's only Berman's voice and not the "virtual" Berman in 2k5. Clearly, you can see the progression Virtual Concepts was making until the whole NFL /EA exclusive license thingy.........

You can't go wrong with any of em, although 2k5 is the only one where updated rosters are available, to my knowledge.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I have all 3 for PS2. 2K4 (Or ESPN Football, as it was called) upgraded the playcalling to what 2k5 had. Also, 2k4 introduced the Crib, as well as the first person view from under the helmet. That was my fave view as a kickoff/punt return guy(Try this view at night in rain!!!)

Also, it began using ESPN presentation, although it's only Berman's voice and not the "virtual" Berman in 2k5. Clearly, you can see the progression Virtual Concepts was making until the whole NFL /EA exclusive license thingy.........

You can't go wrong with any of em, although 2k5 is the only one where updated rosters are available, to my knowledge.
Do you agree that 2K5 feels sluggish? This may be because it is trying to simulate momentum and locomotion, but it just feels sluggish to me. Does 2k4 feel like that?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

With 2K5, try playing on fast speed.

I liked the starting lineups being announced in 2K3. It was very thorough. They stopped doing it after that season, but I'd love to see that in Football games again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »