Home

Online to cost $10 extra for used copies....

This is a discussion on Online to cost $10 extra for used copies.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
Online to cost $10 extra for used copies....

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/05/10...-in-new-copies

The sh!t just hit the fan people.

Kinda saw it coming but for most of us this is not a big deal because NCAA and Madden are usually a new purchase for me anyways.....but if other companies go to this ..? Here we go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Online to cost $10 extra for used copies....

Eh... buy it new if online is that important.

Besides, game companies see zero profits from the sale of a used game... I see no reason why they shouldn't receive at least SOME compensation for their hard work with every copy that is sold.

Half the people on these boards complain about how much they hate that the Gamestops of the world make so much money off used games, and thinks the devs should be the ones seeing the payback, yet when a company actually does something about it, everyone bitches.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 05-10-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

For me, as for probably most people on this forum, it is not a big deal because we buy it new. It will hurt the re-sale value of the game though. Which kinda sucks.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

This is definitely BS. I will not buy another new Madden until they make a high quality game. I will rent, buy from Gamestop, or off of Craigslist. But I won't buy retail for a game that is basically the same since last-gen. Still has way too many flaws for me to pay 59.99.

Thank God I got my Madden 10 copy free from a friend, because I most likely wouldn't have paid for it.

I'm sure if I do get Madden 11, I can find a code at Gamestop or Blockbuster in the display boxes. Anything to not have to give money to the greediness that is Electronic Arts. Maybe if they made a quality game, people wouldn't want to resale them to Gamestop. Just saying.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

wow this happened last year in madden y r ppl actin like this is new?.. jus buy the game new if its such a problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Eh... buy it new if online is that important.

Besides, game companies see zero profits from the sale of a used game... I see no reason why they shouldn't receive at least SOME compensation for their hard work with every copy that is sold.

Half the people on these boards complain about how much they hate that the Gamestops of the world make so much money off used games, and thinks the devs should be the ones seeing the payback, yet when a company actually does something about it, everyone bitches.
Car manufacturers don't either, especially the stiffs that work the assembly line to actually build the car. Madden sells millions of copies, so EA crying poor mouth all of a sudden doesn't wash with me. Defend it if you must, but there are plenty of other markets that sell used products where things like this aren't the norm.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Ugh, people saying "just buy it new if it's a problem" totally miss the big picture here. This is just the first step in gaming becoming totally digital...which opens up a ton of new ways to get forced into paying more for a game or content in it, which...10 years ago was all included on the original disc.

Eventually, they will stop printing actual CD copies of games, it will all be downloaded via the internet...used games will be gone forever.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-11-a.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »