Home

Not using left stick for hitting makes it boring...?

This is a discussion on Not using left stick for hitting makes it boring...? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Not using left stick for hitting makes it boring...?

First off, this is the most realistic baseball game...to a point. I know a lot of people do not use the left stick for hitting, I think mostly because this game is so hard (or not enough time) to judge where the pitch is going for batting. I think a lot has to do with the camera (the pitcher sits up high above the strike zone and it's difficult to judge high and especially low pitches). Therefore people layoff the left stick. I think this takes a lot of fun out of hitting. It seems that everything is kind of random.

For example, if I use guess pitch and location my hitting window is automatically placed in the correct zone. With the same batter and perfect timing I can hit anything from a dribbler to a home run. Some people would say that's realistic, which is true but it totally takes away from user control and puts everything into the AI's hand. To me it makes it much less fun than it could be.

I think if they had a camera adjuster and you could line up the pitcher with the batter vertically better it would help alot. I know they are trying to make it realistic by how fast a pitch gets to the batter but in real life he can pick up on the spin of the ball and judge location (height especially) much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Not using left stick for hitting makes it boring...?

I don't use the left stick and no, it doesn't make it boring for me. Not in the slightest.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Not using left stick for hitting makes it boring...?

I agree that there's not enough time to to recognise the pitch, and then move the L-stick to where it is, on the catchers cam with default pitch speed anyways.

That's why i ZONE the pitch, by setting the L-stick in a certain spot, and only swing if it's there. Better doing this when your up in the count though. When i have 2 strikes on me, i'll go into contact mode ( x button / no L- stick ).

So i use it off and on. And this serves as my guess pitch mechanic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »