Home

How Do You Feel About Gameflow/Gameplan Now?

This is a discussion on How Do You Feel About Gameflow/Gameplan Now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: After Reading the Live Chat on Gameflow/Gameplan, I'm
more excited than I was before I read it 31 19.38%
not as excited as I was before I read it. 38 23.75%
still on the fence about it. 33 20.63%
still not excited about it. 58 36.25%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
How Do You Feel About Gameflow/Gameplan Now?

After reading/seeing EA's live chat on Gameflow/Gameplan here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...live-chat.html

How do you feel about Ask Madden 2.0 err Gameflow/Gameplan now? If you've seen any of my posts about it then you know how I feel about it. You know I think it's Ask Madden 2.0 and in some ways, EA proved that during it's live chat. To recap:

- You can't use packages( unless you use a cumbersome workaround that ctually defeats the purpose of this idea)

- The defense only has 6 formations it can gameplan for while the offense has 15+ situations it can gameplan for. ( Can somebody say shootouts?)

- You can't change your gameplan in game so if you create your gameplan around a particular player and he gets hurt you're just S.O.L.

I suggest you read the live chat transcript and then make your choice. I think you all know which one I chose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: How Do You Feel About Gameflow/Gameplan Now?

Don't know till I try it. Same as everyone else here.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #3
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

My thoughts haven't changed on Gameplan or Gameflow. It's a gimmick for the inept while telling the hardcore that they'll love it because they'll get to play more games. If you add the amount of time you'll spend learning the feature, making adjustments to it, and then trying to figure out why the computer can't get your playlist correct, you'll actually spend less time playing. But hey some people will fall for the new gimmicks while they overlook the game lacking better collision, better physics, better AI (instead of cheating AI), franchise improvements, better blocking (instead of spinning lineman), and play recognition (if your playing zone, the linebackers should react to a run play instead of continuing to drop into their zones ).
Old 05-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
- You can't change your gameplan in game so if you create your gameplan around a particular player and he gets hurt you're just S.O.L.
This I really don't have a problem with as that's the way it works in real life. Teams install a gameplan for the week, and sometimes **** happens and you have to go off the cuff so to speak.

The rest of it, I'll just wait and see before I start declaring it a gimmick or broken.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This I really don't have a problem with as that's the way it works in real life. Teams install a gameplan for the week, and sometimes **** happens and you have to go off the cuff so to speak.

The rest of it, I'll just wait and see before I start declaring it a gimmick or broken.

SO, you're saying that teams don't change their gameplans mid-game if their starting QB or RB goes down?? If so, I think maybe you need to look again, cause it happens all the time.

Last edited by MJenness; 05-06-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
SO, you're saying that teams don't change their gameplans mid-game if their starting QB or RB goes down?? If so, I think maybe you need to look again, cause it happens all the time.
Not their installed gameplan. You understand what a gameplan is and how teams install them going in to each week right? They don't install multiple gameplans for each opponent.

If things go south or they lose someone they may change their playcalling, they may even call some plays they don't have installed that week, but they don't go to a new gameplan.. More like off the cuff play calling tendencies. Well it depends on the play caller.

The game simulates this, not sure if it's on purpose, by saying if things go way south, you can leave your gameplan and call plays straight out of the playbook.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Not their installed gameplan. You understand what a gameplan is and how teams install them going in to each week right? They don't install multiple gameplans for each opponent.

If things go south or they lose someone they may change their playcalling, they may even call some plays they don't have installed that week, but they don't go to a new gameplan.. More like off the cuff play calling tendencies. Well it depends on the play caller.

The game simulates this, not sure if it's on purpose, by saying if things go way south, you can leave your gameplan and call plays straight out of the playbook.
Re-read what you wrote...especially the bolded part...they change their plan.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:56 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I feel like that Gameflow will be ok for this year. But because subing is not in it. It is only half done. I feel that they have more work to do on it for 2012. But I will not us it this year. I will keep with the regular playbook calling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »