Home

sliders do not affect my player mode

This is a discussion on sliders do not affect my player mode within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
sliders do not affect my player mode

I am reasonably certain, after some testing, that the sliders have no effect whatsoever on myplayer mode.

I'm biding my time waiting on the ever-delayed patch 2 by playing myplayer mode. I do not simulate any games. However, I got suspicious when I was called up in mid-July and by the end of September my player had a .340 average, 17 homers, and a .550 slugging percentage with contact and power stats below 80. In 51 games, I hit 17 home runs. That's roughly a 50 homer season over the full course of a year.

The sliders I had created (for reference they are in the slider forum) are designed to suppress human offense so that only the elite rated players hit the 40 homer mark. By my estimations, my player should have been capable of a .280 average, 20-25 homers over a full season.

So, I decided to test my worries. I lowered the difficulty sliders for user contact and power to 0. In any other mode of baseball games, you will find that these settings rarely allow you to make contact, and if you do it's almost always a foul ball.

I then started a new myplayer career. Sure enough, I took the first pitch down the right field line for a double in my first AB.

This is beyond frustrating. The ONLY mode I now find playable is play now mode, and that is only if it is against a friend offline. Even that has its issues, as user control is so ridiculous that we rarely see any high scoring games.

Just venting. I know there isn't anything I can do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 04:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: sliders do not affect my player mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
I then started a new myplayer career. Sure enough, I took the first pitch down the right field line for a double in my first AB.
Quick question...did you take a look at the sliders after that game? Cause no matter what your slider settings are when you start My Player mode, they default to All-Star (at least in my game). Nothing you can do about it in that first "clutch moment" AB, but once you're out you can go adjust your sliders how you want and they should stick.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Cianfrocco's Arena

I've actually noticed quite a bit of influence in the sliders. In the minors, I was hitting around .290 with very little power, so I upped the human power setting to 90, and I started hitted homers and doubles quite regularly. Once I got called up, I had numbers pretty similar to yours. Then I went in and looked at the sliders, but not intending to change anything. I guess I accidentally did, cause I went and played the next 15 games or so, and I went back to hitting nothing but bloop singles. Sure enough, I had reset the sliders to 50, so I bumped them back up, and started hitting again. The only settings I changed were human power and baserunning speed, but they definitely do have an impact for me.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
Quick question...did you take a look at the sliders after that game? Cause no matter what your slider settings are when you start My Player mode, they default to All-Star (at least in my game). Nothing you can do about it in that first "clutch moment" AB, but once you're out you can go adjust your sliders how you want and they should stick.

Ahhh! Thank you! I did all my adjusting from the main menu. I had no idea that you had to adjust from inside the campaign mode.

This just saved this game from being shelved. Can't thank you enough.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Ahhh! Thank you! I did all my adjusting from the main menu. I had no idea that you had to adjust from inside the campaign mode.

This just saved this game from being shelved. Can't thank you enough.
dont be embarresed, I made this exact mistake too.

I played like 20 appearances untill I realized it, lol.

Now every time I start a myplayer, I go in and edit the sliders. (which I keep written on a peice of paper. I use BLazzens sliders.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Though the other note about sliders here would be that human sliders are specifically for your player and your player only. AI sliders effect BOTH teams. I don't think it has any sim effect but if you're on base it will effect whoever is up after you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »