Home

DB's sliding out to cover WR's..

This is a discussion on DB's sliding out to cover WR's.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
DB's sliding out to cover WR's..

I know this is little but it is really bothering me! Haha In every gameplay video I have seen in Madden and NCAA, after the huddle breaks the DB's slide (Shuffle) out 10 yards to line up with the WR.

Can someone with a Twitter please tweet Ian and tell them to make the DB's JOG out to get in position to cover the WR. It is such an eye sore to see a DB shuffle out 10 yards before every play, nobody would ever do that...

Edit: The most recent example is in todays gameflow blog. Just watch the video in the blog you can see it before every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
Banned

Re: DB's sliding out to cover WR's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I know this is little but it is really bothering me! Haha In every gameplay video I have seen in Madden and NCAA, after the huddle breaks the DB's slide (Shuffle) out 10 yards to line up with the WR.

Can someone with a Twitter please tweet Ian and tell them to make the DB's JOG out to get in position to cover the WR. It is such an eye sore to see a DB shuffle out 10 yards before every play, nobody would ever do that...

Edit: The most recent example is in todays gameflow blog. Just watch the video in the blog you can see it before every play.
Maybe I'm missing something but I've watched that video you are talking about and I don't see them sliding. They either are jogging to line up or side-stepping.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

AH! I wish you hadn't have mentioned this because now it's very distracting. lol

On a serious note it does look really weird and I hope that can be tweaked. It looks like they're doing some sort of ballerina move.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Right! That has always gotten on my nerves. Never in my life have I seen this..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Maybe I'm missing something but I've watched that video you are talking about and I don't see them sliding. They either are jogging to line up or side-stepping.
I think that's what he meant by "sliding". In other words, they are walking sideways all the way out to cover the wideouts instead of running normally, by facing the direction that they are going, and then turn around and face the wideout once they get in position.

It's not the end of the world, but I do agree with him. It's not like they would have to do a new animation for this. They would just need to run at a leisurely pace out to their spots and then turn and face. Why make the entire defense do the linebacker strafe for 20yds? Just such a simple fix that it makes no sense that they would do it that way when NO ONE in real life would run sideways for that distance when they could just jog to the spot and turn around.

Again, I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but it's just yet another thing that the Madden devs do that makes you scratch your head a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I think that's what he meant by "sliding". In other words, they are walking sideways all the way out to cover the wideouts instead of running normally, by facing the direction that they are going, and then turn around and face the wideout once they get in position.

It's not the end of the world, but I do agree with him. It's not like they would have to do a new animation for this. They would just need to run at a leisurely pace out to their spots and then turn and face. Why make the entire defense do the linebacker strafe for 20yds? Just such a simple fix that it makes no sense that they would do it that way when NO ONE in real life would run sideways for that distance when they could just jog to the spot and turn around.

Again, I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but it's just yet another thing that the Madden devs do that makes you scratch your head a little.
Exactly! It is not the end of the world but its a little fix that would make the pre-play look more realistic. (Similar to the CD guy that told Ian to have the QB, walk, not sprint to the line of scrimmage like last year)
Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Exactly! It is not the end of the world but its a little fix that would make the pre-play look more realistic. (Similar to the CD guy that told Ian to have the QB, walk, not sprint to the line of scrimmage like last year)

I agree with you, if it doesn't get fixed it isn't gonna ruin the game, but it seems minor enough that hopefully it could be fixed and it is a nice catch by the OP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »