Home

ATTN: SCEA Staff - A 3rd Patch IS NEEDED!

This is a discussion on ATTN: SCEA Staff - A 3rd Patch IS NEEDED! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Exclamation ATTN: SCEA Staff - A 3rd Patch IS NEEDED!

I'm making this post because sadly, it's become necessary. I've waited patiently for the past month to hear word on a third patch, to hopefully fix the "Sounds of the Show" song limit problem once and for all (anyone not aware...while you can now add over 245 songs to your playlist, any song you ASSIGN to a player over that number will not play, and a random song will play instead).

And to also address the many issues with online leagues (standings do not display correctly. The standings screen shows something completely different from the main league screen and the league website, free agents are duplicated in fantasy draft leagues, and the draft itself is a complete mess, scheduling neither the date nor time correctly...and not displaying the draft order correctly during the draft).

I've diligently reported each of these issues in the "bugs & glitches" thread as instructed, but have read nothing in terms of coming fixes or even an acknowledgment that the issues exist. In the meantime, I've played the game, worked on my player walk ups sound pack, and ran a league as best I could given the current limitations. Simply put, I've tried to enjoy the game.

But over the past two days, as I shifted attention back to my franchise, I ran into a problem that I cannot and refuse to overlook. At the beginning of an inning, usually late in the game, I'd press "select" to check my pitcher's pitch count. Three times in the past 24 hours, doing this has caused my system to freeze, requiring a hard shutdown by pressing the power button on the front of my PS3.

Obviously, you can tell me "don't do that". But for one thing, it's habit. Late in the game, I want to know where my pitcher stands and if I need to get a reliever warming. More importantly, this is a glitch that SHOULD NOT happen...especially at almost two months since the game was released. We really should be far beyond the point of having system freezing bugs in this game. The fact that we're not is both embarrassing and pathetic. Clearly, this is a good baseball game...and it always gets good reviews. But with all these fundamental problems in the programming, it seriously makes me question whether the development team has grown arrogant and/or complacent with what it means to create a good video game.

You can have all the frills and modes and statistics and graphics you want, but when the two places to view league standings inside your own game don't match up, or pressing a button at the "wrong time" locks up the entire system, something is drastically wrong. In my honest opinion, I feel like SCEA's priorities are completely out of whack because I, for one, would much rather have a more stable game instead of Rule 5 Drafts and a Home Run Derby. I really hope these issues get fixed. But as of right now, I'm disappointed with the direction this team has taken, and won't be supporting this game next year.

Hopefully, no one in the OS community takes offense to this. I tried to be as objective and respectful as possible. And the biggest thing to remember, I'm not making any of these issues up. Thank you for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: ATTN: SCEA Staff - A 3rd Patch IS NEEDED!

did the freeze occur in Tropicana Field?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
did the freeze occur in Tropicana Field?
Twice in Tropicana, once in Fenway.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8rockerasu
Twice in Tropicana, once in Fenway.
Here's the workaround...

Quote:
-"When playing games at Tropicana Field....my game freezes"
The freeze seems to occur by accessing a bullpen (home or away) and then pressing select at any point after leaving the bullpen screen (it doesn't matter if you make pitchers start warming up or if you do absolutely nothing while in the bullpen); the instant you press select, the game will freeze. Even throwing a pitch or getting to the next batter in the order won't fix the problem; the game will still freeze. Note that the problem will not happen if you go to the bullpen and bring a reliever into the game; not sure why, but whatever is causing the frezze must be alleviated by actually bringing in a reliever.

But the actual WORKAROUND that seems to work every time is as follows: once you press circle to leave the bullpen, before you even continue the game, press the start button to pause the game, and then unpause the game. Every time I've tested this, pressing select to bring up the pitcher/batter graphic causes absolutely no problems. Of course, you'll have to repeat this process of pausing and unpausing every time you view the bullpen, but it seems to work.
Thanks to Spring Rubber for this work around

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
Banned

Thanks. I still don't think it's acceptable to go unfixed though...and the other issues I named are still out there. Also, the weird thing is, I never pressed up to check my bullpen (though I did have guys warming). Just as soon as the inning started, I pressed select and it froze.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

...well in fairness, this SHOULD be patched. lol but yes the search tool rules.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
Banned

But it's about more than just one issue. You have to recognize that. There's a bigger picture here.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
Rookie

dallas0112's Arena

I've had freezes recently this last week, and I have never had them before, by just going to check out the free agent section within my season. Three of them. Same thing, I had to hard reset as well.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »