Home

where are the franchise updates?

This is a discussion on where are the franchise updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
where are the franchise updates?

i am more than disappointed it seems that there has been little to no announcements about franchise. it seems like we might have to wait another year for any sustaintial improvements to the only important mode in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: where are the franchise updates?

It was one of the promised things last year. 2010, laying the framework. 2011 was gonna be franchise year... hmmm...

You would think if franchise was going to be a major player it would have gotten a plug in that terrible terrible trailer. Seriously, is this gonna get pushed to 2012? and then 13? Backbreaker is looking better by the day, and I've bought every Madden since 01...sigh.

All I want is to love madden again...

Last edited by pin2back; 04-23-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Still way too early, it's only April. This is usually the time when we get the first screenshots and vids (which we did) the Marketing department won't allow any substantial info to be released 4 months, 15+ weeks, before the game drops.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

BS, ahem, pardon me, but what purpose would it make to not mention an updated franchise. You don't need details about it, but a sliver would be nice. They were able to talk about audio, locomotion, and analog stick controls.

I'm sorry, just bitter, 5 next gen copies of madden 06-10, over $300 of my hard earned dollars, and aside from the post game and half time show, franchise has gotten squat. And Im pretty sure my 05' copy got about ten times the play time than all of my next gen ones.

That's where my loyalty to EA has taken me. If they give me a reason to smile or just give us back the old gen franchise than I will smile bigger than when the crack fairy comes
Old 04-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pin2back
BS, ahem, pardon me, but what purpose would it make to not mention an updated franchise. You don't need details about it, but a sliver would be nice. They were able to talk about audio, locomotion, and analog stick controls.

I'm sorry, just bitter, 5 next gen copies of madden 06-10, over $300 of my hard earned dollars, and aside from the post game and half time show, franchise has gotten squat. And Im pretty sure my 05' copy got about ten times the play time than all of my next gen ones.

That's where my loyalty to EA has taken me. If they give me a reason to smile or just give us back the old gen franchise than I will smile bigger than when the crack fairy comes
Lol, seriously? That's Marketing. All you have to do is look at what's going on around you to see how it works.

Apple already has a working prototype of the next iPhone..are they marketing it now on tv? No. They'll start the flurry AFTER they reveal it in June. Did you see a single commercial for the iPad before it was released? How about after?

Did you see any Avatar DVD cross promotion during the last few games of the NBA season? Did you start seeing it like crazy during the few weeks before the DVD actually dropped?

Do you think they're gonna try to build hype now with new juicy details? Or like a month and a half before the game comes out? We're still 4 months away dude. The lack of them mentioning Franchise doesn't mean that they didn't touch it. It means it's April 23rd.

Now don't get me wrong...if it turns out that they didn't touch Franchise, I'll be one of the first to call them out on it (in a constructive way) but to say "Hey man!!!! We didn't receive any substantial, juicy, info the day that they revealed the cover!!!!!" is kind of foolish.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 04-23-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

I doubt they did much with the franchise mode. They obviously worked a ton on gameplay stuff. That is probably why the CD guys aren't all exited, they've spoken of let downs and such. That's just my theory though, hope I'm wrong.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Unfortunately, for years now they have done very little to franchise mode.

They have been focusing more and more on presentation, gameplay, and online.

It really doesn't appear that the main players at EA have much of any concern for Offline Franchise Mode.

It is disappointing because several times they have hinted that the mode would get major changes the next year that everyone has been asking for.

But let me tell you, if that was the case they would have done so by now. The proof is in the pudding and I would expect that pudding to change that much from last years.

I expect they will have a few things for us to keep us interested but it isn't going to be HC09 and Madden combined.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Lol, seriously? That's Marketing. All you have to do is look at what's going on around you to see how it works.

Apple already has a working prototype of the next iPhone..are they marketing it now on tv? No. They'll start the flurry AFTER they reveal it in June. Did you see a single commercial for the iPad before it was released? How about after?

Did you see any Avatar DVD cross promotion during the last few games of the NBA season? Did you start seeing it like crazy during the few weeks before the DVD actually dropped?

Do you think they're gonna try to build hype now with new juicy details? Or like a month and a half before the game comes out? We're still 4 months away dude. The lack of them mentioning Franchise doesn't mean that they didn't touch it. It means it's April 23rd.

Now don't get me wrong...if it turns out that they didn't touch Franchise, I'll be one of the first to call them out on it (in a constructive way) but to say "Hey man!!!! We didn't receive any substantial, juicy, info the day that they revealed the cover!!!!!" is kind of foolish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »