Home

Why exactly do so many ground balls go inbetween the legs of infielders?

This is a discussion on Why exactly do so many ground balls go inbetween the legs of infielders? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why exactly do so many ground balls go inbetween the legs of infielders?

This is really becoming an issue lately, as I'm constantly seeing playable balls zipping right underneath infielders' gloves. Even if they're hit softly! This has caused a string of runs in my last game, where my infielders missed three easy ground balls. I have played about 40 or 50 games since getting The Show, and have yet to adjust sliders, but I feel that this might be a big enough issue to find a solution for.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
Pro

TheRock88's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why exactly do so many ground balls go inbetween the legs of infielders?

I'm getting fed up with it too. Just had a game where I was up 8 runs and I blew the game because my infielders had 4-5 balls going through their legs/gloves which allowed the computer to come back. I'm seriously considering going back to 09 cause this has caused me to lose 2-3 games, all of which I would have won if this wasnt a problem.

BTW, I also have my fielders reaction slider bar to the maximum and it still occurs as often as if I had it on default.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

I noticed this as well and was surprised to say the least (downloaded some sliders as well). If the ball is hit to the fielders left or right, you can pretty much forget about it. A major dissapointment to say the least. I am not as impressed with 10 as I was with 09. I appreciate the new features, gameplay, etc. but it just isn't sitting well with me. Then again, I have finished 1 full season and 25 games in year 2 with MLB 09 so there may be a bit of biasness there because I may be convincing myself to not start over.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Have you guys had any luck with auto fielding?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

For what its worth I find when I "load" my throw comes into play. I.E. When a sharp grounder is hit to one side or the other of a fielder ill wait till he has the ball to load the throw unless its a speedy dude I'm trying to throw out. That's helped cut down on those....I still get the slow roller errors the OP talked about but I think the load throw plays into it as well. I don't know, some days I hate this gm...others its all I think about until I play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
dgb
Banned

OVR: 1

i have played around 50 games and i can say i have not seen a single ball go through a fielders legs...i have seen the issue with easy balls to the left or right and it goes under their glove like they are lazy and cant bend over...one thing that annoys me in this game is the umpire out calls when sliding at a base...ive been safe so many times when sliding and they still call you out...im getting frustrated with how fast the computer releases the ball on difficult infield plays too...this game can be great but man o man can it be frustrating
Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

OVR: 5

Just lost a game against St. Louis cause I had 2 ground balls got under players gloves. Game would have been over if they just made the easy play. It wasn't even like both were screaming line drives. Both were slow rollers. I absolutely HATE having a great game ruined by something like this. This is a fantastic baseball game from a design standpoint no question, but there is just little things like this that really keep the enjoyment factor for me down.

Prior to the inning the Cardinals took out Pujols for a defensive replacement when he was due up in the 9th down only 1......why on earth ANYONE would do that I have no idea. I don't mind some of the roster moves in franchise cause I can control all 30 and keep those at a minimum. But with the ground balls problem and stupid AI manager moves this game is falling short for me.

Don't get me wrong this game is amazing, but it's hard for me to commit to playing 162 games when I could see myself blow a game in the playoffs cause my infielders all start playing like Bill Buckner....
Old 04-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb
i have played around 50 games and i can say i have not seen a single ball go through a fielders legs...i have seen the issue with easy balls to the left or right and it goes under their glove like they are lazy and cant bend over...one thing that annoys me in this game is the umpire out calls when sliding at a base...ive been safe so many times when sliding and they still call you out...im getting frustrated with how fast the computer releases the ball on difficult infield plays too...this game can be great but man o man can it be frustrating
If you're sliding into 1st, then you deserve to be called out. I laugh every game I play online where people slide into 1st base. It is NEVER faster to slide into 1st than to just keep running. Especially on this game, the sliding animations can be painfully slow, especially trying to steal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »