Home

Canes21 MLB 2k10 Sliders

This is a discussion on Canes21 MLB 2k10 Sliders within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Canes21 MLB 2k10 Sliders

Hello all. I am not really know for my sliders as I have only done a set before in one other game. That was Madden 10. A game completely different that this. But, I feel my sliders for this game are pretty good. They meet my requirements and play style. They give me a realistic, fun game that you can win or lose by making one mistake.

These are just an early version. I haven't tweaked them much at all. So, the stats may seem a bit off right now. I am currently happy with them. One of my goals was to get the CPU to throw more balls as I felt they didn't throw enough on regular All Star settings. So that was one of the first things I worked on. I am still tweaking the AI Strike Zone Tendency slider, but I am getting it pretty close to how I want it.

Another thing I wanted to achieve was to get the CPU to hit more consistently and with power. So far, through the 2 games I have played, they have only hit one Home Run and they have 22 hits over the 2 games as well.

One of my problems I am trying to correct is walks. The CPU did walk me 6 times last game, but I have yet to walk them. I am not entirely sure how to fix this. I may have to use some house rules to do so. If someone has a suggestion for increasing user walks, then that would be welcome.

In short, these sliders are just in an Alpha state I guess I could say. Some stats are going to be a little skewed at first until I get enough games under my belt to get a feel for what exactly needs to be tweaked to achieve realistic results.

These sliders are played with joystick hitting and with joystick pitching. I use break point pitching as well. I'm not too sure if using classic controls over joy stick will result in the sliders playing out entirely different for you, but in case they do, thats how I play.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...26&d=342199936

There is my blogs with the two games I have played so far with my sliders. I hope you all try them out and give me feedback on how to improve.

Thank you...

Batting Human/CPU
Contact 40/50(Lowered because the CPU was swinging at everything, now with this at 50, they take more often and I am getting more walks. With the power raised they are still getting as many hits though)
Power 50/90
Bunt Contact 40/50
Bunt Success 45/55

Pitching Human/CPU
Pitch Meter Speed 100
Pitch Speed 85
Pitch Break Influence 95
Pitcher Composure Influence 70/ 45
CPU Pitch Success 75
CPU Strike Zone Tend. 35

Fielding Human/CPU
Fielder Speed 35/35
Throw Meter Influence 100(I personally see no difference in arm strength from 0-100, but I like to have this influence as much as it can so I can play it safe and throw it in the green or try and be aggressive with the throw and go all the way to the red and I have seen bad throws with this method. If you want an increase in errors, you may get this with always throwing in the red, but I don't do this as it isn't a realistic method in my opinion.)

Running Human/CPU
Base Runner Speed 60(I have tested this over and over and with this at 60 it seems most realistic. If you want to get achievements though, raise fielder speed to 50 and raise this to 65))
Pickoff Success 30
Catcher Throw-Out Success 10(The Catchers in this game are way too accurate, even a little bit with this at 10, but I feel 10 gives the best balance for a realistic experience)
AI Hit 'n' Run 75
AI Sacrifice Bunt 65
AI Squeeze 60
AI BR Aggression 70
AI Steal Aggression 65
AI Steal Success 55

V. 1.41 I changed the fielder speed to 35 to get a more realistic game. I changed this immediately after hitting two straight liners into the gap that should have been doubles and maybe even a triple, but the CPU was so fast they got it before it got by them. If you want to get achievements with these sliders, raise fielder speed to 50 and raise base runner speed to 65. Upped AI Strike Zone Tendency 5 points. It may have to go up 5 more, user preference.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 04-25-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Canes21 MLB 2k10 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Hello all. I am not really know for my sliders as I have only done a set before in one other game. That was Madden 10. A game completely different that this. But, I feel my sliders for this game are pretty good. They meet my requirements and play style. They give me a realistic, fun game that you can win or lose by making one mistake.

These are just an early version. I haven't tweaked them much at all. So, the stats may seem a bit off right now. I am currently happy with them. One of my goals was to get the CPU to throw more balls as I felt they didn't throw enough on regular All Star settings. So that was one of the first things I worked on. I am still tweaking the AI Strike Zone Tendency slider, but I am getting it pretty close to how I want it.

Another thing I wanted to achieve was to get the CPU to hit more consistently and with power. So far, through the 2 games I have played, they have only hit one Home Run and they have 22 hits over the 2 games as well.

One of my problems I am trying to correct is walks. The CPU did walk me 6 times last game, but I have yet to walk them. I am not entirely sure how to fix this. I may have to use some house rules to do so. If someone has a suggestion for increasing user walks, then that would be welcome.

In short, these sliders are just in an Alpha state I guess I could say. Some stats are going to be a little skewed at first until I get enough games under my belt to get a feel for what exactly needs to be tweaked to achieve realistic results.

These sliders are played with joystick hitting and with joystick pitching. I use break point pitching as well. I'm not too sure if using classic controls over joy stick will result in the sliders playing out entirely different for you, but in case they do, thats how I play.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...26&d=342199936

There is my blogs with the two games I have played so far with my sliders. I hope you all try them out and give me feedback on how to improve.

Thank you...

Batting Hum/CPU
4/55
50/80
40/50
45/55

Pitching Hum/CPU
100/65
80/30
95/45

Fielding Hum/CPU
95/50

Running Hum/CPU
50/75
25/60
10/60
/70
/65
/55

Note: The sliders are in order just like they are shown in game. Ex- Fielding Hum/CPU
95/50

95 Is Human Throw Meter Influence and 50 is Fielder Speed for both Human and CPU.
Assuming you mean user contact at 40 and not "4"...

I will give these a try out... but a question from my own slider experience.

1. With fielder speed at 50, are you seeing any doubles? I have my fielder speed at 30 for the first time (used to be 35) and the doubles have just started.

Also, a comment or two. Fielders throwing at 95 falls victim to the overpowering arms. Also, it would be easier to evaulate these if you put their labels in this post. Example, contact, power, pitch speed.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I have seen doubles and even triples with fielder speed at 50. And I really haven't noticed any overpowered arms. I've seen in field hits because the throw wasn't fast enough. I have also seen many runners come in safely when an a throw from the outfield comes in, but guys like Jason heyward can still rocket it in there. I had Heyward throw it from right field to home plate in one bounce and get a runner that tried scoring from 2nd. It wasn't a fast runner or anything, but it was a close play and I was happy with how it turned out.

I feel my sliders are offering a balanced, fun, realistic baseball gane for my style of play. Of course, many will disagree, thats why we have so many slider sets. I am still tweaking them, I think I have some more tweaks to post, and when I get on my computer after the Braves' game I will label everything so the sliders are easier to put in to your game. I'll also upload them over 2k Share on the XBOX 360 for anyone to download.

Thanks for the feedback.

― Plato
Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Since there seems to not be a lot of interest around these sliders, I will post the stats of my next couple games with the sliders and maybe see if that will make someone try them. And if you don't want to try them, please tell me why and I'll explain to you why the setting is the way it is or why I prefer it like that.

Thanks

― Plato
Old 04-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Jpowser's Arena

OVR: 5

It looks like from your game posting you're getting a realistic amount of hits. This has been troublesome for me so far. One quick question, what is your human and cpu pitch count? I usually have no problem working walks and the cpu pitch count but all other sliders I have tried have had me from user pitch counts of 50-90. Let me know. I'm gonna give these a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Usually the CPU will average around 20-30 balls and 50-60 strike. But when the fatigue glitch kicks in I saw one pitcher go 130 pitches and around 50 were balls. I feel those numbers are pretty good. My user stats are usually close to that with about 5-10 balls less. But I just recently played one game where I had the strike zone showing only when I hit and I actually walked a batter for the first time and my balls count was a little higher and more realistic. So, I think I'll start pitching without the strike zone to get more realistic at bats.

A quick little thing to note is that when Ubaldo threw the no hitter against the Braves, he walked 6 batters. When I played the Rockies he walked me 6 times with my sliders, but I did get hits on him.

― Plato
Old 04-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Heres some stats from a game I played the other night. I was tweaking some things in the middle of the game, but I didn't make any drastic changes.

--------1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9--R-H-E
Braves--0-1-0-0-1-0-0-1-0--3-8-0
Cubs---0-0-0-0-0-2-0-4-X--4-6-0

Pitching Cubs
R. Dempster 7 IP, 1 Hit allowed, 1 Run allowed, 1 Bean and 6 Walks(I tweaked the sliders to decrease that and in the last few innings he pitched he only had 1 walk and no beaned batters, also, he must have lost his composure and walked me with bases loaded once)* strikeouts, 0 HRs allowed

J. Grazbow 0.1 IP, 2 Hits allowed, 1 Run allowed, 0 Walks or beans, 1 Strikeout, 1 HR allowed

S Marshall 0.1 IP, 2 Hits allowed, 2 Runs allowed, 1 walk, 0 Strikeouts, 0 HRs allowed

A. Guzman 0.0 IP, 1 Hit Allowed, 0 runs allowed, 0 walks or beans, 0 Strikeouts, 0 HRs allowed(I have no clue why they pulled him, it was just a single)

C. Marmol 0.1 IP, 0 everything

I'd like to point out Dempster had a no hitter until the 6th. Then in the 8th they put in a new pitcher and Chipper Jones came up and smacked the ball out of the park and started my 3 run rally that gave me the lead an win. The 8th was also when they pitched all those pitches. They kept pulling them left and right.

Braves Pitching(USER)
T. Hudson 7 IP, 5 Hits allowed, 2 Runs allowed, 1 Wals, 1 Strikeout, 1 HR allowed
T. Saito 1 IP, 2 Hits allowed, 1 Run allowed, 1 Strikeout
B. Wagner 1 IP, 1 Hit allowed, 1 Walk

This was a defensive game really. It was a pitching battle most the game until the 8th when I scored 3 runs to win.

I am going to play my series opener against the Giants and then post those stats on here and update my sliders with all the tweaks from that Cubs game. I feel the sliders are just about where I want them now. That last game showed me that I will still get good pitching battles and it appears each game will be different.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 04-19-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Recent game against the series opener is now uploaded and blogged about. Another low scoring game, but thats what I expected with this series. Two great pitching staffs going head to head. I think the series won' have much offense unless it comes in the second game which I think it may. I do fell that the Rockies series will be a complete opposite of this one though.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...blogid=1096826

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »