Home

Swing Influence

This is a discussion on Swing Influence within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17
Swing Influence

Hey Guys,

So right now I've been in a bit of a slump in my Tigers Chise (which you can find ...cheap plug I know ). Seems like my guys keep hitting into deep fly balls. I don't use guess pitch and I don't use the power (square button) swing either. I also use the left stick to aim when batting and even when I'm right on it still results in an out. Also play on default sliders, All-Star.

One thing I haven't really messed with though is the swing influence feature. I know this was in last years version as well, but I seemed to be batting fine with the 'Stros. I'm just wondering if I should include swing influence into my game if it's actually effective or not. I know which direction on the right stick you press is what is influenced (like grounder, deep, etc.).

Love to hear some info on this. Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Swing Influence

I almost always flick the RS up with a runner on first and less than 2 outs to avoid hitting into a double play....doesn´t work all the time but I do it anyway.

I also do it when I have a man on 3rd with less than 2 outs in order to get him home with a sacrifice fly.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:23 AM   #3
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteristkai
I almost always flick the RS up with a runner on first and less than 2 outs to avoid hitting into a double play....doesn´t work all the time but I do it anyway.

I also do it when I have a man on 3rd with less than 2 outs in order to get him home with a sacrifice fly.
Makes sense. I just had a "lightbulb" moment thinking bout the batter view camera (R3) and you could look left & right to see the defenses alignment. Maybe when they are shifted I should influence it to 1st or 3rd base depending on where their going. I used the batters camera last year too, but now there's actually a legit use of it.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

71 views and only 1 response....saaaay whaaat?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krulmichael
Makes sense. I just had a "lightbulb" moment thinking bout the batter view camera (R3) and you could look left & right to see the defenses alignment. Maybe when they are shifted I should influence it to 1st or 3rd base depending on where their going. I used the batters camera last year too, but now there's actually a legit use of it.
you don't use the right stick to influence anything except fly ball or ground ball. the left and right influence is only for bunts. if you want to influence the actual direction, i think that's all timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm starting to think it may be the Tigers! I am also using the Tigers as they are my home town team and I am in a slump also. This is my first year with The Show so I'm playing on rookie for batting and all-star for pitching. I'm on a 4 game losing streak right now at the end of april because I can't seem to get anything going. I just had Carl Pavano throw a complete game shutout against me. I could only manage 7 hits and I only struck out twice. Every time I made contact it was either a deep fly or ground out. I have also been using the right stick to influence my swing because it seems like that is the only way I can get anything other then singles through the infield.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »