Home

Pro Yakyu Spirits - Superstar/Interesting Players

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyu Spirits - Superstar/Interesting Players within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Pro Yakyu Spirits - Superstar/Interesting Players

As you can see I am really bored at work. But the purpose of this particular thread is to introduce you to some of the baseball superstars in Japan/in this game, tell you why they are good, and what are the special skills they have. I hope this will make the game more fun since I am guessing most of you have no idea who all these Japanese players are.

Also, if there particular players you like to use or you think are cool and want to know more about, please say so. Again, feel free to post some screenshots of the players and we can tell you their special skills or what not!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits - Superstar/Interesting Players

3 threads in 10 mins? LOL

I like the idea of this thread though. Knowing the real life strengths of npb players will definitely help me enjoy this series more. You should post your some of your own favourite players!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Yes definitely...maybe I will do a team-by-team thing. all i know is i got 9 hours to burn every day at the office
Old 04-15-2010, 04:18 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

This is an awesome idea. I'd love to hear about the strenghs and weaknesses of the players in the japanese league and in the game. Then we know what to look for when we play the game.

If you do a team by team thing, it'd be nice to have a list of the first and last names of the players in english. Like #19, the pitcher, on the Marines is Karakara, etc. I'm sure there is an english list of this somewhere, but I don't know where to look. Maybe just an english list of players to match the default rosters of PYS 2010 by jersey number. Of course there are english names on the back of players jerseys in the game, but it'd be nice to have an english list by player number so we know who is who when scrolling through the rosters.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Hanshin Tigers

I will start off with the Tigers. They are probably the 2nd most popular team behind the Yomiuri Giants.

Default Line-up (Name - Uniform - Position):

1. Murton - #9 - CF
2. Hirano - #5 - 2B
3. Toritani - #1 - SS
4. Kanemoto - #6 - LF
5. Arai - #25 - 3B
6. Johjima - #2 - C
7. Brazell - #67 - 1B
8. Sakurai - #51 - RF
9. Pitcher

MLB fans are most likely familiar with Murton and Johjima.

Murton is hitting great in Japan, .385 and 4 homeruns at the moment, and he received a nice offensive upgrade in the first roster update patch from Konami on April 26. he has C for contact now and better power so def donwload the patch if ur a hanshin fan.

Johjima has the "Power hitter" skill in the game meaning if you place a power swing perfectly you will most likely go yard. He also has the "Pull" hitter skill meaning he is an extreme pull hitter.

Kanemoto has the Iron Man skill (sorry, Iron Man is the Power Pro name...in this game it is just Injury Protection +3) meaning he will most likely never be injured in Pennat since he had a world record iron man streak going (even longer than Cal Ripken). The streak finally ended after this thread jinxed him (jk). He decided to sit out ysterday (APril 18), ending the consecutive, all-innings, all games played streak at 1,492. He also has the "Line Drive" special skill meaning his hits will always be lower arching, line-drive type homerun, etc.

First baseman Brazell has very high power rating. He is one of the few hitters in the game with the 7 arc, meaning he will hit balls very very high producing lots of HIGH flyouts, pop ups, and homeruns.

Bench players to watch:

- Sekimoto (#3, 2B) - you can use him as your 2B in a platoon when you face a left handed pitcher
- Katsuragi (#33, OF/1B) - he is often used in late game situations as a defensive 1B in real life

Pitching Staff:

This team doesn't really have a good starting staff. No one can be considered an ace but obviously if you look at the attributes, Nohmi (#14) is your best starter.

The superstar of the pitching staff is Closer - Fujikawa (#22). His fastball is the best in the entire game and he has a unique special skills called "the Fire Ball". Let's just say this makes his fastball really powerful and unhittable.

That's all for now, may come back and add more later.

Last edited by MukaMuka; 04-29-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Cyphre's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukaMuka
Hanshin Tigers

I will start off with the Tigers. They are probably the 2nd most popular team behind the Yomiuri Giants.

Default Line-up (Name - Uniform - Position):

1. Murton - #9 - CF
2. Hirano - #5 - 2B
3. Toritani - #1 - SS
4. Kanemoto - #6 - LF
5. Arai - #25 - 3B
6. Johjima - #2 - C
7. Brazell - #67 - 1B
8. Sakurai - #51 - RF
9. Pitcher

MLB fans are most likely familiar with Murton and Johjima.

Murton is hitting great in Japan, .385 and 4 homeruns at the moment, so I am betting he will get a stat boost when Konami gives PS3 users a roster update (in middle season i guess) as he is kinda weak in the game right now.

Johjima has the "Power hitter" skill in the game meaning if you place a power swing perfectly you will most likely go yard. He also has the "Pull" hitter skill meaning he is an extreme pull hitter.

Kanemoto has the Iron Man skill meaning he will most likely never be injured in Pennat since he has a world record iron man streak going (even longer than Cal Ripken). He also has the "Line Drive" special skill meaning his hits will always be lower arching, line-drive type homerun, etc.

First baseman Brazell has very high power rating. He is one of the few hitters in the game with the 7 arc, meaning he will hit balls very very high producing lots of HIGH flyouts, pop ups, and homeruns.

Bench players to watch:

- Sekimoto (#3, 2B) - you can use him as your 2B in a platoon when you face a left handed pitcher
- Katsuragi (#33, OF/1B) - he is often used in late game situations as a defensive 1B in real life

Pitching Staff:

This team doesn't really have a good starting staff. No one can be considered an ace but obviously if you look at the attributes, Nohmi (#14) is your best starter.

The superstar of the pitching staff is Closer - Fujikawa (#22). His fastball is the best in the entire game and he has a unique special skills called "the Fire Ball". Let's just say this makes his fastball really powerful and unhittable.

That's all for now, may come back and add more later.

I beg to differ (no offense) but the Tigers have a solid set of SP's .....Maybe they lack a Darvsh, Wakui, Iwakuma or Tanaka...But all around they have a solid and durable rotation worthy of notice......and while Nohmi might be the most popular....I this Iwata is the ace (imho)
Old 04-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphre
I beg to differ (no offense) but the Tigers have a solid set of SP's .....Maybe they lack a Darvsh, Wakui, Iwakuma or Tanaka...But all around they have a solid and durable rotation worthy of notice......and while Nohmi might be the most popular....I this Iwata is the ace (imho)
as a pretty hardcore tigers fan who watch about 100-120 of their games a year i cant disagree more. no offense but i think if you tell a hardcore tigers fan their rotation is solid and worthy of notice they will laugh you out of the room. the staff is very very average, workable and usable, not definitely nothing special and hardly worthy of notice. sitting througg an andoh start should be considered inhumane punishment. he cant even get baystars out for gods sakes. and the thing that really jumps out at you when you watch the tigers starters in real life is, they got no stuff. and the game totally confirms my suspicion. you look at every other rotation in the game and you see lots of C and B and A for stuff. you look at the tigers...all their games have D fastballs, E sliders, etc etc. they are just really really average.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

When's the next update gonna be? haha Can you do the Dragons next, because I've been following them a lot recently since I found a reliable jtv stream of their games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »