Home

RTTS unattainable goals

This is a discussion on RTTS unattainable goals within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
RTTS unattainable goals

OK, so I'm a closer in my first season in AA. I've had goals such as, "get 6 saves in 3 series", when I only had 4 save opportunities. Goals like , "have a fielding % higher than .990" I won't get either because I often don't have a fielding chance and it shows as .000. Also the training goals have been almost impossible to meet as it's impossible to earn enough training points in time to complete the training tasks. Is this just a issue with the short relief?

I didn't want to resort to buying points or making a different rtts position but it might be heading that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: RTTS unattainable goals

So far the only position I've been able to consistently hit my my goals with is a starting pitcher, because, unless you have a horrible game, you get so many points per appearance. With a 1st Baseman I can make around half because of the high amount of putouts you get.

With any other position I find it almost impossible to achieve the advancement goals.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

I agree. The unrealistic goals in RTTS are killing me. To the point I stopped playing RTTS and concentrate on Franchise play. Too bad, I love the concept of Be a Pro but goals need a major rework in MLB11.

Maybe something like "hey kid, to make it to the Big League, you'll need a better fastball, more control ...."

stuff like that. I hate to spend a lot of points on Fielding or Bunting for a pitcher.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OK, so I have 15 saves in a row without blowing one (2.50 ERA) and I've been demoted to middle relief because I couldn't complete these ridiculous goals. This really sucks!

We really need a patch for this! I thought that RTTS was supposed to be the best features of this game and now it's not looking so good.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
Banned

The in-game goals are a problem too. Goals like "drive the run in" and reach base safely will be failed most of the time by even the best hitters, and I feel like you lose far too many points for failing them.

The hit & run goal is the absolute worst though. Supposedly your 3rd base coach will give a sign from 4 different goals. Well, the sign is always hit and run and it's always on the first pitch; which is usually out of the strike zone. In real baseball most hit and runs are on 2-1 or 3-1 counts. Since that pitch is most likely to be a strike. If you don't swing at the pitch you lose 10 points and get a nasty message in you inbox from your manager. No manager would be so stupid as to be mad at a player for not swinging at a pitch a foot outside.

To be honest I think the game would work better without them. They were a good idea, but they just have not been implemented well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
Banned

i liked the point and attribute settings back when the show 1st came out with RTTS i think what they changed it too a few years makes it way to hard to get to the show when you get benched or moved so easy

you also get traded way to often
Old 04-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc16Glatiators
i liked the point and attribute settings back when the show 1st came out with RTTS i think what they changed it too a few years makes it way to hard to get to the show when you get benched or moved so easy

you also get traded way to often
I totally agree here. The trading of your player is ridiculous.

Goals are such crap this year as you are expected to do so much in so little time. How am I suppose to get 8 RBI in 2 weeks when I only bat 4 - 5 time a week!!! Plus, my team sucks so they rarely get on base for me to bat them in!! This needs a total rework.

I think they should make player development a little easier in the beginning and harder towards the end.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
Rookie

I agree, my 1b is really really hard to advance. My friend has been in minor leagues for 5 seasons before call up. talk about boring.

What really irritates me is the "get ahead in the count" and i get a batter to groundout/flyout/popout on first pitch and the goal gets cancelled. i dont even get a positive result. i think a manager wouldnt mind a 1 pitch out...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »