Home

Getting ready to start a franchise, need some clarificiation.

This is a discussion on Getting ready to start a franchise, need some clarificiation. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Getting ready to start a franchise, need some clarificiation.

I have been away for the past couple of weeks and have been waiting on the OS rosters to start a franchise. Now that they are out I need some clarification about the problems in franchise and I don't have the patience to read through 1,000 pages on 100 different topics. Are there any major problems that I should be aware of if I only control one team?

I don't really want to control all 30 teams because I don't want to mess with every little detail. I only want to worry about my team. Is anyone running a franchise controlling only one team or is everyone controlling all 30 teams?

If I don't control all 30 teams will I see ridiculous trades, messed up lineups, etc.?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Getting ready to start a franchise, need some clarificiation.

I'm doing one with just my team, and the only real weird thing is that every other team has like 200-300 million dollars than me. That might be a pre-patch thing though, since I started mine before the patch and the patch doesn't seem to apply. Could also be a fantasy draft thing, I'm not sure. I haven't had any problems though.

The lineups aren't always the most logical things in the world, but there's nothing glaring.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Have there been any outrageous trades?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I only control one team and have not encountered any issues.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
Pro

evilc08's Arena

OVR: 11

Here is what you might want to try.

If you are worried about the trades(and yes there are some bad ones) use 30 team control. You don't have to worry about the other teams at all. Just set the profile for your team, the other 29 to no profile. For the global settings, put all the decisions to auto. Assign your profile by hitting R1 to your liking. Also on the global page, set force trades and ignore budgets to off.

Ok thats the most work you would have to do unless you want to control trades. If you want to do that its simple, and takes 10-30 seconds of checking. After each day(probably starting around May) go to the pending transactions. Hit R1 to get to trade offers. Then just cycle thru with R2 and check for any trades. If you see something you don't like, decline the trade for that team. If its ok, then just do nothing and let the CPU make the decision.

Its not really that hard to do. Mainly just gives you a way to stop the bad trades. Other then that its just like playing with team control of 1.

On a side note this can help if you like competition. If you are in the playoffs and its say game 4-5. If my ace is ready to go again I go ahead and pitch him. Now you can have that option with the CPU team. Just go and edit their rotation to get the best pithcer available. Don't need to do that always, but how many playoff teams stick to their 5 man rotation all the way thru the postseason.

I rather do that then face the scrub they may have in the 4-5 spots.

Hope this helps some. If you want more ideas like this check the tips and workaround thread that has a sticky on page 1.

Ashford Pines Golf Club (front 9)

Full version release June 2016

Challenging course without the cheap gimmicks.

Last edited by evilc08; 04-10-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
Rookie

cubspac's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc08
Here is what you might want to try.

If you are worried about the trades(and yes there are some bad ones) use 30 team control. You don't have to worry about the other teams at all. Just set the profile for your team, the other 29 to no profile. For the global settings, put all the decisions to auto. Assign your profile by hitting R1 to your liking. Also on the global page, set force trades and ignore budgets to off.

Ok thats the most work you would have to do unless you want to control trades. If you want to do that its simple, and takes 10-30 seconds of checking. After each day(probably starting around May) go to the pending transactions. Hit R1 to get to trade offers. Then just cycle thru with R2 and check for any trades. If you see something you don't like, decline the trade for that team. If its ok, then just do nothing and let the CPU make the decision.

Its not really that hard to do. Mainly just gives you a way to stop the bad trades. Other then that its just like playing with team control of 1.

On a side note this can help if you like competition. If you are in the playoffs and its say game 4-5. If my ace is ready to go again I go ahead and pitch him. Now you can have that option with the CPU team. Just go and edit their rotation to get the best pithcer available. Don't need to do that always, but how many playoff teams stick to their 5 man rotation all the way thru the postseason.

I rather do that then face the scrub they may have in the 4-5 spots.

Hope this helps some. If you want more ideas like this check the tips and workaround thread that has a sticky on page 1.

For checking the trades do i leave it on auto?
Old 04-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #7
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

In my franchise that I was simming all the games and just making the roster moves for my team, the other teams aren't resigning superstars. In year 5 Mauer retired from a "poor free agent market" is what drew my attention to it as I hadn't even been checking the free agency. The free agent list is like 30 players deep who have maxed overall. I'm not sure if there is a fix for it, but it seems like all the team's payrolls are too low?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
Rookie

fullmetal2405's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubspac
For checking the trades do i leave it on auto?
Depends. If you leave it on auto you can scroll through the pending transactions and decline anything you don't like, and leave the others for the computer to decide. With manual you make all trade decisions for all teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »