Home

My one pet peeve with this game!!!

This is a discussion on My one pet peeve with this game!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My one pet peeve with this game!!!

After playing this game for a while i love it except for one detail. Have you ever noticed when you have just a guy on first and you dont take a lead they never throw over. Thats normal so ok. Then you take a 1 step lead and occasionally they throw over so again..still normal.

but then it seems whenever you take a lead and the press L2 for steal, the computer immediately knows that and will throw over. so on the next pitch you take a lead but dont press L2 and they dont throw over. But then the next time you take a lead and try to steal they throw over.

it seems like the computer constantly knows when you press the steal button and will keep trying to pick you off when you do until they finally get you.

Anybody else notice this?? i also tried to lower pickoffs and it still does the same result
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My one pet peeve with this game!!!

To combat being picked off I have gone to pressing L2 to steal but instead of taking a lead before hand wait until the last possible second to almost get a running lead so he can't throw over as often.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I have never had this problem.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

this always seems to happen to me
Old 04-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Most steal situations are obvious ... fast runner, early in the count, etc.

That could be it.

One thing that I have noticed in a lot of baseball games is that when the AI is in a jam with multiple runners on and 2-out, there's almost always a "wild pitch or passed ball" that squirts away just enough that you *might* try to advance.

I've always wondered if this is a "take the bait" situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat1973
Most steal situations are obvious ... fast runner, early in the count, etc.

That could be it.

One thing that I have noticed in a lot of baseball games is that when the AI is in a jam with multiple runners on and 2-out, there's almost always a "wild pitch or passed ball" that squirts away just enough that you *might* try to advance.

I've always wondered if this is a "take the bait" situation.
I'm not sure what it is, but I've been thrown out a number of times now on that ball that gets away...but doesn't. I never had this problem in '08/09. Not sure why, but this year I have a harder time identifying the ball is basically at the catcher's feet. I've finally learned to be much more cautious on what looks like wild pitches.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

Love this game, but I don't like the lead/steal mechanics, period. My results don't come close to reflecting real life despite reading all the threads on this topic.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:30 AM   #8
Rookie

NickyJ's Arena

OVR: 3

I have no probably stealing in the game, but I understand exactly what you're talking about, and it certainly annoys me.
Stand on first with a speedster like Crawford who everyone in the ballpark knows is going to steal and the pitcher won't pick off. But take one extra step and he throws over. Get back up and take another step off, and he throws over, but next time if you stick with the default lead he won't throw over. Then next time you take a lead and he throws over. It gets predictable and annoying after a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »