Home

Weird franchise glitch

This is a discussion on Weird franchise glitch within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Weird franchise glitch

This has happened to me the last two times I have saved. I am using knight's roster and it didn't happen to me in the franchise I was using before the knight's roster was released. It is Mid-May in my franchise and it happened twice in a row. I play every 3rd to 5th game and sim the others.

What happens is: I play the game, say Aroldis Chapman is the starter, and everything during the game goes as normal. After leaving the game my progress is auto-saved and everything appears to be normal. However, when I turn the game back on it will show the game I last played, as not yet played. Not only does it show it as not played, but I can play it again or sim it without any problems. Now, this is where it starts getting weird. It will show the scheduled starting pitcher for this game to be whoever should have started the game after Aroldis Chapman, in this case Johnny Cueto. Getting even stranger Aroldis Chapman's energy will be depleted as if he has just pitched a game. It will also move every other pitcher up one spot in the rotation.

Example: Game 1 is the game I played with pitcher Aroldis Chapman.

A normal rotation would be Game 1 starter: Aroldis Chapman, Game 2 starter: Johnny Cueto, Game 3 starter: Pitcher C, Game 4 starter: Pitcher D, Game 5 starter: Pitcher E, and Game 6 starter: Aroldis Chapman. However, it shows the Game 1 starter to be Johnny Cueto and the Game 5 starter to be Aroldis Chapman.

Statistics are also interesting. On the player card for Aroldis Chapman under the year by year stat page it will show stats as if the game were never played. When you check the season stats, however, it will show them as if the game were played.

Sorry this has been so long but I wanted to explain it the best I could. It is quite frustrating because it's looking like I'm going to have to start my franchise over. After the first time, I was going to just ignore it and proceed with the season, but after it happened again I'm loosing faith that this franchise can be salvaged.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have a possible solution or explanation?

Thanks for any and everyone's help. I've been playing The Show for several years now and I just found out about this site and Knight's Roster a few days ago. The roster really makes the game a lot better for me.

Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Weird franchise glitch

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rt-2-a-31.html

This is probably a bug, so put it in this thread so the devs will be aware of it
Also on the Forums!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

are you simming the rest of the league games after playing your game? If not, try doing that before saving and quitting.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

THis happened to me as well Jdavis, almost to the exact description, but with the Red Sox.

Game 2 of the season, Yankees @ Red Sox : I play the game w/ John Lackey vs. Vasquez
I get crushed 12 - 6, pitching with LAckey. Ortiz, however goes 4 for 4 and a few other noteable statistics. JD Drew also got hurt late int he game and I put him on the 60 day DL. THis is noteworthy.

So, then I finish the game, save up, and so on, and turn off the console. I then come back to the game the next day to play and notice that the game has yet to be played. I thought "aw nuts, I guess I forgot to save." So I go and look at the game ... it shows two different pitchers starting and Lackey is nowhere to be seen. It shows Lester vs. whoever is YAnkees 3rd guy. I was like "hm, weird..... that it would change my rotation... whatever."

So I go to look at statistics .... it shows Ortiz still as 5 for 5 for the season (he went 1 for 1 in game one, 4 for 4 in game 2, as I said)... it shows JD Drew's injury as well as Drew being on the 60-day DL. Everything that happened in the game seemed to be maintained, but the game did not exist. My roommate also noted the glitch... he watched some of my game being played and took note of the noteable things (Drews injury, Ortiz 4 for 4, etc)... and also noted that the game went unplayed and that lackey was not starting.

I'm going to see how it continues. Again, I am using Knight's OS Full Minors roster. I hadn't played any franchise games before this.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Easy solution to this problem. TURN OFF AUTO SAVE. This will solve this issue. It has been an issue in the past with the auto save feature. However, I ALWAYS turn it off first thing, and I myself have never had this issue.

You can also try saving manually after completing a game (even after it autosaves) but I'm not sure if this works. I know turning auto save off does work though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

This has nothing to do with Knight's rosters. This happened to me a few days ago (before Knight's roster) and it didn't bother me because I was going to restart my franchise anyways. What I've gotten into the habit of doing is simming to the next day, then doing a manual save. That way, the game CAN'T disappear.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10

JD Drew also got hurt late int he game and I put him on the 60 day DL. THis is noteworthy.
Now that you mention it, there were injuries in both of the games that this happened to me. I don't remember who was injured in either, but I know that when I would sim the game again, a notification would pop up to say "player x was injured." Maybe it's a glitch that only occurs when an injury happens.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis73
Now that you mention it, there were injuries in both of the games that this happened to me. I don't remember who was injured in either, but I know that when I would sim the game again, a notification would pop up to say "player x was injured." Maybe it's a glitch that only occurs when an injury happens.
No, I'm pretty sure its a glitch with the auto save feature. I have not heard of any instances where this happened to people who turn auto save OFF and only use manual save.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »