Home

Rosters change after Spring Training in franchise

This is a discussion on Rosters change after Spring Training in franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2010, 02:37 AM   #1
Rookie

reese09's Arena

OVR: 2
Rosters change after Spring Training in franchise

every time i try to start my franchise, after Spring Training the rosters keep changing from the way they are currently set, which is set to mirror the opening day rosters/lineups. any way to keep this from happening?

i'm currently using the OS Full Minors rosters, but like i said, every time i go to the end of spring training, my roster is completely changed, and from what i gather, the rosters have already been set to what was used at Opening Day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 03:13 AM   #2
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Rosters change after Spring Training in franchise

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-training.html
Old 04-09-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese09
every time i try to start my franchise, after Spring Training the rosters keep changing from the way they are currently set, which is set to mirror the opening day rosters/lineups. any way to keep this from happening?

i'm currently using the OS Full Minors rosters, but like i said, every time i go to the end of spring training, my roster is completely changed, and from what i gather, the rosters have already been set to what was used at Opening Day.
I don't have an answer for you, but I've seen this too. It's very annoying. I'm using Knight's roster as well, for testing purposes.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

ok, im on the day before the season starts and i started to remove players from the 40man rosters and i realized that on the waiver wire it says it takes 2 days for teams to claim the player. Was i supposed to do this maybe 2 or 3 days prior to spring training ending or it doesnt matter?? Need help, i would appreciate an answer to this one. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Do it before you start ur franchise, save and use that roster file. Simulate spring training, then add 15 ppl. back to the 40 man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Rookie

rbaker1979's Arena

OVR: 3

LetsGoMets89! posted a roster file in the vault that only has 25 man rosters. You'll have to manually add guys back to the 40 man roster after the season starts, but it cuts out half the work at least. (and is pretty easy since each team's MLB site has an asterisk next to the guys you'll need to add in their 40 man roster section)

His roster is based off Knight and Co's OS roster

roster name : LETSGOMETS89 V1

description: Knights O.S

Type: Current

(make sure to get the one that's got a high rating since someone posted fake ones with the same name)

There is more info about it in the thread that was linked above

Last edited by rbaker1979; 04-09-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaker1979
LetsGoMets89! posted a roster file in the vault that only has 25 man rosters. You'll have to manually add guys back to the 40 man roster after the season starts, but it cuts out half the work at least. (and is pretty easy since each team's MLB site has an asterisk next to the guys you'll need to add in their 40 man roster section)

His roster is based off Knight and Co's OS roster

roster name : LETSGOMETS89 V1

description: Knights O.S

Type: Current

(make sure to get the one that's got a high rating since someone posted fake ones with the same name)

There is more info about it in the thread that was linked above
Yeah, this is really the best way to do it right now, and really the easiest way until we/SCEA can figure out a way for the CPU to differentiate between the 40-man and the 25-man roster a little better. But I did this last night for a new franchise and it does literally take only 15-20 min (and less if you don't care who fills up the 40-man).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »