Home

Who's still playing THE SHOW 09?

This is a discussion on Who's still playing THE SHOW 09? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Who's still playing THE SHOW 09?

I have the show 10 but with a few issues was wondeirng if anyone is still playing 09 or is maybe thinking of going back to 09 instead of playing 10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Banned

UncleMo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Who's still playing THE SHOW 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
I have the show 10 but with a few issues was wondeirng if anyone is still playing 09 or is maybe thinking of going back to 09 instead of playing 10?
Hello fellow discouraged Astro fan. I am using 09, but not because I went back, I just refuse to pay full price for a video game I am only going to get to play once a week.

Out of fear beacuse I plan to play 10 next year, and curiosity, I have to ask what is wrong with 10?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

I went back to 09 for my franchise which I just can't give up on. I have 10 and enjoy it with friends but its too hard to start a new franchise in it when I have dedicated so much time to my 09 one. Both play very similar games to the point I can't really tell (other than graphics, I know the fielding supposed to be better but I play auto fielding so I don't really care).

Also Houston where did you live in the city. I live in Midtown right next to downtown. Had tickets for today's game but couldn't go.

Last edited by thegut; 04-07-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I couldn't go back. I like 10 too much.

I don't care that I have a half finished season just sitting there in 09.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

im still playing 09. i gotta finish my season before i jump to 10. this is partly due to me not having any money to buy 10 yet.

im in the final weeks of my Dodger season (year 1) with a 100-52 record. cant wait for the playoffs. then ill be on to 10
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
Pro

evilc08's Arena

OVR: 11

Normally I skip a year on some sports titles depending on what is added. I played 07 and then waited for 09. The difference between those two was great, but I had fun playing 07 in franchise for 6 seasons turning around the Royals.
This year I went for 10 because of the things they added. Now their is alot to be fixed, online leagues could be great, but majorly bugged. Some issues in the other game modes as well that need another patch or 2.

That being said, If you are looking for a more in depth franchise mode, this is the year. They finally added things like the playoff game for ties on divisions/wildcards. The 30 team control is great as well. You can customize much more this year. Just do minor things like cancel unreal trades(Pujols and others traded for nothing. You can go all out and make every decsion you want, like editing a teams rotation. That one comes in handy during a playoff series, when the CPU always used a 5 man rotation. Instead if their ace is ready to go in game 4, you can edit it to have them pitch him and give more of a challenge.

So its really up to what you like. If you rather wait for the price to come down, worried about the bugs or just not that big on franchise issues. Then you can hold out. If some of the new stuff is appealing(I have been waiting for some things since 07, so this year was worth it) then its well worth the money.

If just playing online is your thing, leagues I would say are not worth it yet. They have potential, but still badly bugged. If you just like playing people online, the lag is a lot better this year. Only had a few bad lag games, with the occasional freeze.

Ashford Pines Golf Club (front 9)

Full version release June 2016

Challenging course without the cheap gimmicks.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Stumpy Santo's Arena

OVR: 4

There are those who would argue that PSP users are still playing '09...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »