Home

Old 04-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
No Hitter

I threw a no hitter yesterday afternoon with AJ Burnett against the White Sox. I allowed only 2 base runners. The first was a walk to Juan Pierre, but I forced the next hitter to ground into a double play. The only other baserunner was Andruw Jones who reached on an error by Mark Texeira.

Season Mode
Yankees vs. White Sox @ Yankee Stadium
All-Star Level
AJ Burnett

9 IP
7 K
1 BB
0 Hits
0 Runs

This was my first no hitter on the PS3. The last one I threw was with Eric Milton in MLB 2006. I did throw a 2 hit shutout with Andy Pettitte, the other day, which was actually a more dominating performance than this one. To be honest, the no hitter did feel a little scripted. The error by Texeira should have been a hit IMO and there was a ball that was scorched up the middle, but hit Burnett in the leg and went into his glove so I was able to throw the runner out at first. ARod also made every play over at third base. He saved 3 or 4 that would normally be hits. Maybe I am just getting better earlier this year, but something was funny about it. With that said I did feel a sense of accomplishment although there was no gamer trophy awarded for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: No Hitter

Congrats, I have yet to accomplish this. Best I had was a no-no threw the 7th and it never fails someone always gets a hit. I play on legend hitting on HOF pithcing so I guess it's more of a brute trying to achieve a no-hitter on this level.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

That's gotta be a good feeling to get a no-no. In all my years of gaming I have yet to have one of my own. Have taken a few into the 7th inning a couple of times only to buckle under the pressure and serve up a lemon. Peace!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Kobe24MVP's Arena

OVR: 2

My brother once threw a perfect game with gavin floyd on the PS2 mlb 07 i think. it was a great feeling even just watching it happen
Old 04-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Nice job Jpup. I was thinking I was going to make a post like this last night. Took a no-no into the 7th with Gil Meche vs Detroit. Unfortunately that ever elusive no hitter escaped from my hands. Some day I'll get one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Took one into the ninth in RTTS once and we lost the game because the other pitcher was almost as good. I gave up a leadoff double and was taken out, the reliever let it score, and that tied it at 1-1. We lost in extra innings.

Good on the CPU pitchers for not giving up, I guess.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
Rookie

maxximilllion's Arena

OVR: 1

WTG, normally those infield grounders go through, just under the glove. closest I got was with Zach Duke against the Nats, Marquis squbbed one up the middle in the fifth, then, not a sniff the rest of the game, one hitter to the pitcher. Grrrrrrrrr.

So hats of to you, young man.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
Rookie

ttinker's Arena

OVR: 11

I took a no-hitter into the 7th with Grienke in MLB '09. That's the closest I've ever been. And this was on Rookie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »