Home

rtts pitcher question

This is a discussion on rtts pitcher question within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
rtts pitcher question

After you complete your goals, where is the next place to put training points and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: rtts pitcher question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
After you complete your goals, where is the next place to put training points and why?
i always put them into my pitches and staminia, making my stuff better
Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

build up h/9, bb/9, k/9, hr/9 as quickly as possible to greatly increase your overall rating, then i would start building up the pitches one at a **** to feed into the /9 category you are building up.

for example:
building up k/9
put points in to k/9 and a particular pitches velocity which builds k/9 up secondarily.

why is t i m e **** out?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Do whatever you want. It's fun to have great pitches, but Stamina, K/9, and H/9 are the most valued traits in a starter -- even with mediocre pitches.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Concerning the premise of your question: do you always complete the assigned goals first? Since you can theoretically complete a majority of them once every three periods to avoid demotions, I will usually wait and see how things are going before I decide if I'll stretch my points to complete them in that period. That's especially true if the goals are stupid, as they often are, such as bunting when I'm in an AL organization.

Of course if I feel I'm overdue for advancement I'll try to make them every ****, but I've never really felt cheated by my pace of advancement.

As for where I do put the points, in 09 I'd say I split them evenly between /9 stats and individual pitches. More into /9 is probably the optimal strategy as the above posters say, but seeing the individual pitches improve can be more fun.

In 10 now, I poured a ton of early points into individual pitch velocities because I wanted to see the effects of that velocity bug/rule change. Now I've got a guy in The **** with extraordinary velocity but low /9 ratings. Which is actually more realistic. Power throwers generally know who they are long before they make the big league club, whereas control develops more slowly.

Last edited by Agathos; 04-01-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: this ***** Fool's thing is dumb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just started a closing pitcher and was wondering this myself. As a closer should I still do the */9 stats? Do they just help with your overall rating or do they each have a certain effect on your pitching ability?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
Rookie

H/9 is the best IMO because I believe it goes some way to negating high contact hitters but I can never resist dumping points into fastball velocity or break for curves and the like.

Last edited by Mean Mr Mustard; 04-01-2010 at 05:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »